2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we talking assumptions on race and athleticism and football

now might not be a great time when there’s a top 5 white RB and WR.. also got athletic QBs like josh Allen and herbert
I think most people are addressing preconceived notions of black and white athletes. We just need to stop assuming that white men aren't athletic and black men aren't cerebral on the top levels. There are some cutural differences that skew things in that direction and maybe genetics that may favor individuals based on ancestry. But generally, we're all the same species with the similar physical attributes and mental capacity. We tend to differentiate each other too much instead of just giving professionals at a high level their well-deserved praise.

They went to game 7 with Portland in 2019. Last minute, CJ McCollum took over, while Dame stunk it up
yah i always forget that.

but you made the point I was trying to make. Jokic has been good the playoffs when he's had a decent team.

it's nothing like russ who post durant has literally been terrible in every playoff series but like 1.

Post games 2-5

Here you go big dawg.

Screenshot_20220419-084712_Chrome.jpg

If it was anybody else at the time, it would have been he did all he could or they wouldn't even be in positions to win or compete in those games without him like they do for every other player they champion. But that wasn't the narrative. It wasn't no excuses about Andre Roberson being the 2nd best player out there a lot of that series. But we copping pleas for Joker getting blown off the floor now?

If I’m Steve Kerr, Curry coming off the bench the rest of this series, for some reason it just makes sense, at least for this series as Curry starts ramping up

there is a certain type of white sports fan
that especially when talking about majority black sports,

has a really hard time believing other white dudes are good.

Oh….this is very true. And it’s another intersting dynamic…that is funny to watch :lol:

Some of these white sports fans…who think they’re “in tune” with black sports, feel like they understand the “dawg mentality”, backgrounds, upbringing etc etc…and who is “tough” and what not.

I saw Chad Ford (they dug him up) call Jokic a finesse player with no post game. They were laughing at the fact that Jokic got slapped on the butt, because they think other players think he’s soft.

:smh: :rofl:

And the “soft” takes are about to fly. You’d think Jokic was Embiid, the way they talk about him in the playoffs. They’re going around saying Jokic got “exposed”….and using this as an attack on “analytics”.

Which this segment of fans does not even understand. It’s nasty.

Calling Jordan Poole the best player in the league at this point seems a BIT crazy. He's been great though.
As a Warriors fan, I don't think he's close to being the best player and you're high if you think that. But people tend to clamour to a player's rise. I'm personally almost as impressed with Maxey and Edwards, I just slightly favor Poole because he's on my team. But those two are doing even better than Poole from a neutral stand-point. It's just great to see emerging talents for me so I appreciate all of it.

There are levels.

Contenders
Playoff teams
Play in teams

Lottery teams.

Russ and the Lakers…with their 4 top 75 players (including the self proclaimed GOAT, and 8 all stars…somehow found themselves with a similar record to the kings. There are levels to this.

You right and Dirl Gasol ain't on that level y'all thought. Running from his beatdown getting thrown out.

Oh….this is very true. And it’s another intersting dynamic…that is funny to watch :lol:

Some of these white sports fans…who think they’re “in tune” with black sports, feel like they understand the “dawg mentality”, backgrounds, upbringing etc etc…and who is “tough” and what not.

I saw Chad Ford (they dug him up) call Jokic a finesse player with no post game. They were laughing at the fact that Jokic got slapped on the butt, because they think other players think he’s soft.

And the “soft” takes are about to fly. You’d think Jokic was Embiid, the way they talk about him in the playoffs. They’re going around saying Jokic got “exposed”….and using this as an attack on “analytics”.

Jokic has the excuse of Murray being hurt. They will start going at him next season maybe once the MVP fatigue kicks in.

nah man im just being a contrarian.
white people just view white and black players equally race doesn't factor in at all. 🤷🏾‍♀️ :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom