2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those guys are all pretty damb good so I wouldn't be that surprised. I don't think you could swap in any of those guys and definitely say "oh yeah, ceiling raised" though

I was just saying there's obvious issues with Rudy's skill set too that are just as hurtful to their current ceiling as a core. I actually want to see Rudy somewhere different just to see how far a team can advance with him. It's an interesting case study

Teams have won with Javale as the starting C/playing meaningful minutes.

Put Rudy in that environment….it works to the fullest.

Osh I agree with many elements of your posts though, I’ve echoed the same things

It’s not any one players fault and they actually got the most out of their cores over the years

For a Salt Lake City to put together a team that consistent speaks to that. Soild all around scouting and management and coaching

It just wasn’t enough

Problem with the Jazz include being one dimensional, small, slow footed, and old. Bottles the mind why they decided to bring the team back and thought Rudy Gay was gonna help. Now he's collecting DNPs and they're ****ed this round or next.

Rudy Gay is still in the league? Ill be damned. Is there ever a list of players who are out if the league?

Random but was looking at a Shaqtin YT vid and seen Andre Roberson or whatever his name is. He in the L still? Just found out Nico Mannion is playing in Italy now. There has to be a list. :lol:

Well yes it would be better if was younger and still on his restricted deal.

I'm was talking about the idea that his player type is limiting your ceiling.
Well, with their roster maxed out you still need rudy to be able to get more than 5 ppg if he’s one of your max guys

Yes other teams have won with no offense centers but those centers weren’t on a max

Osh I agree with many elements of your posts though, I’ve echoed the same things

It’s not any one players fault and they actually got the most out of their cores over the years

For a Salt Lake City to put together a team that consistent speaks to that. Soild all around scouting and management and coaching

It just wasn’t enough

Drafting and developing two ALL NBA guys with the 14th & 27th pick.

Both originally nuggets too :lol:. Funny

Well, with their roster maxed out you still need rudy to be able to get more than 5 ppg if he’s one of your max guys

Yes other teams have won with no offense centers but those centers weren’t on a max

I think you could pay an elite defensive center who only sets screens and catches lobs 41m and win a championship.

The rest of the pieces around him would have to fit really well.

the jazz don't fit well so they are screwed.

but imo it's not because of one guy.
obviously it would be better to have Kevin Durant or Giannis but there are only two of those guys.

It's also tough that Rudy is 29 now on that heavy contract with four years left.

Rebuilding with him is gonna be rough depending on who they get back for a Donovan Mitchell package.

Also there's the question on if you want to rebuild with him while he's making that much.

Brad Stevens signed Marcus Smart and Robert WIlliams to extensions and they'll be making a COMBINED $28M next year. So there's an avenue if you have a decent GM.

The money and market for them just wasn’t/isn’t there. It’s really not the same. But those two are found money. And the Williams extension was before he really blew up. And he still hasn’t even done that yet.

When Rudy was up for extension…every single GM was going to pay him that price. Including Bostons at the time.

All about timing and random **** sometimes.

There are some deals that you just know are bad. Like a lot of the 2016 & 2017 summer deals (Evan Turner, Allan Crabbe etc).

Shoot, Mike Conley is making 30m a year, from that deal. And it was Memphis who gave him the contract. The Jrue deal started to look bad, until he got traded to the right situation in Milwaukee.

Brad Stevens signed Marcus Smart and Robert WIlliams to extensions and they'll be making a COMBINED $28M next year. So there's an avenue if you have a decent GM.

Robert williams was restricted has had basically 1 good season and 0 healthy ones.
I would hope you could Robert Williams for a good price before this year.

Teams have won with Javale as the starting C/playing meaningful minutes.

Put Rudy in that environment….it works to the fullest.

wavycrocket wavycrocket unfair to compare Javale to Gobert. Javale's career earnings are not even close to what Gobert's contract and resulting expectations are.

Javale at the latter end of his career just a solid role player. Gobert can't be in the same situation as McGee because he's paid 8X more so his expectations are a lot higher.

Maybe Gobert thrives with a pure point like CP3 but we'll never really know for sure and Mike Conley's more or less past his prime days at this stage.

Last edited:
Robert williams was restricted has had basically 1 good season and 0 healthy ones.
I would hope you could Robert Williams for a good price before this year.

I'm saying I'd rather have those two than Rudy Gobert at $23M less.

That's a pretty good defensive impact in the back court and front court for $28M.

5EC0CB28-5DCC-44D5-B499-83D34DBF53A2.jpeg

Not that surprising though, considering the stuff he posted on his previous screen name that was banned for too many racist posts.

36D835B2-0A80-4741-BF17-67B06E61B325.jpeg

3E9973B5-2398-4CE7-ABBC-3AB39478B502.jpeg

19A5B543-3F9A-4423-8D09-A7D15E9976B4.jpeg

341BA78A-AB6A-4712-8ED7-23972C86D46A.jpeg

4D79D477-C96D-41CA-AA4D-4BDA1A0E5503.jpeg

1E6E2A6F-D042-40C4-B41E-7ED93A4BF84A.jpeg

54681E46-621D-4750-ABFB-3A2DB17AFD4E.jpeg
ok-sad.gif

kingkoopa kingkoopa

I'm saying I'd rather have those two than Rudy Gobert at $23M less.

That's a pretty good defensive impact in the back court and front court for $28M.
The contract was always going to look bad to most teams that weren’t utah. But at the time it made sense for them

They were expecting to keep the pillars there for years to come

Doesn’t look like it’s gonna work out that way now though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom