2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goober is a great role player. Great shot blocker and rim runner. Completely reliant on others on both sides of the ball though. Can’t do anything but dunk on offense and can’t defend any of the league’s best players outside of being 3ft from the hoop. Good teams actually purposely try to involve him in their action.

You can absolutely still have a championship team with him on it, but it will require having 2-3 awesome scorers and creators since he does none of that, as well as 2-3 awesome perimeter defenders to be the first line of defense since he can’t do that either.

Goober is a great role player. Great shot blocker and rim runner. Completely reliant on others on both sides of the ball though. Can’t do anything but dunk on offense and can’t defend any of the league’s best players outside of being 3ft from the hoop. Good teams actually purposely try to involve him in their action.

You can absolutely still have a championship team with him on it, but it will require having 2-3 awesome scorers and creators since he does none of that, as well as 2-3 awesome perimeter defenders to be the first line of defense since he can’t do that either.

You can win a championship with a player that plays like Gobert..but not when you’re paying that player 40mil a year to be a rim runner.

His rim gravity in the regular season has been elite throughout the years (haven’t checked this seasons numbers) but in the playoffs idk if that translates either

But anyway I’m not piling on him I’ve said my piece on that core

His rim gravity in the regular season has been elite throughout the years (haven’t checked this seasons numbers) but in the playoffs idk if that translates either

But anyway I’m not piling on him I’ve said my piece on that core
He’s a good basketball player. Don’t really think it’s piling on him unless you for some reason think he can be one of the top guys on a championship team, which I think there’s no chance of because of his limitations.

Gobert is a defensive star.

The problem with being a defensive star

is that one great defender can't impact defense
as much as a great offense player can impact offense.

that's ultimately what this all boils down to.
you don't need to lie or exaggerate Rudy's limitations.

If Ben Wallace was on the Jazz he'd be ringless and people would be obsessing over his offensive limitations as well. :lol:

278603126_5809947655700377_8661999312163125646_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom