2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gobert is a defensive star.

The problem with being a defensive star

is that one great defender can't impact defense
as much as a great offense player can impact offense.

that's ultimately what this all boils down to.
you don't need to lie or exaggerate Rudy's limitations.

If Ben Wallace was on the Jazz he'd be ringless and people would be obsessing over his offensive limitations as well. :lol:
Ben Wallace never made anywhere close to the percentage of the cap that rudy takes up

If you put rudy on a team with 2 or 3 other All stars yeah, they’ll be top contender

Idk why Ben Wallace being brought up

I wouldn’t push luka at all for the pure fact you don’t want him to make it worse or cause a different injury all together like Durant
Which is why I wouldn’t play him regardless Thursday. No need. Give him more time.
Luka better be careful. KD had a calf strain first...
The Mavs have a track record of not forcing the issue on injuries and getting people healthy.

Cuban and Donnie used to fight about it all the time because Mark wanted to be more long-term focused rather than win now.

Ben Wallace never made anywhere close to the percentage of the cap that rudy takes up

If you put rudy on a team with 2 or 3 other All stars yeah, they’ll be top contender

Idk why Ben Wallace being brought up

In not a a math wiz but I don't think that's accurate.

When he got paid as an un restricted free agent he was making 16 million on around 56 million cap. That's about 30%

He was making around 8 on his restricted deal which is like 15%

And Ben Wallace is literally one of the worst offensive players of all time.

Gobert is making 27 on a 112 cap, that's around 24%

At Ben Wallace peak salary it seems he took up a higher percentage of the cap,

And even if we compare his restricted deal to goberts supermax it's not some massive gap.

Which is why I wouldn’t play him regardless Thursday. No need. Give him more time.

The Mavs have a track record of not forcing the issue on injuries and getting people healthy.

Cuban and Donnie used to fight about it all the time because Mark wanted to be more long-term focused rather than win now.
Cuban wanted Dirk to play on his bad knee in the 2003 WCFs but Nellie said no.

278914734_5807768522584957_9208757405644911452_n.jpg
Had a Caribbean jawn used to s me off through a whole tnt triple header. If she did it now i probably woudnt last that long.

I don’t expect Trae to have back to back career worst shooting nights. That being said unless he drop 50 or some **** someone else on this team gotta step up in this matchup

When he got paid as an un restricted free agent he was making 16 million on around 56 million cap. That's about 30%

And even if we compare his restricted deal to goberts supermax it's not some massive gap.
He never got paid 16 million with the Pistons

When he got paid 16 million he signed with the Bulls and they were a 2nd round exit

When the Pistons were wrecking shop, Ben Wallace was making 4-7 million a year and he was surrounded by high end talent who played both sides of the court

Not to mention that was a completely different era so the comparison also runs into complications there

He never got paid 16 million with the Pistons

When he got paid 16 million he signed with the Bulls and they were a 2nd round exit

When the Pistons were wrecking shop, Ben Wallace was making 4-7 million a year and he was surrounded by high end talent who played both sides of the court

Not to mention that was a completely different era so the comparison also runs into complications there
I know it was with the bulls. His unrestricted payday came with the bulls.

The bulls improved by 8 wins and became the number 1 defense in basketball with a post prime Ben Wallace.

You said he never made that even close to the same percentage of the cap.

He clearly did, actually he took up a higher percentage.

Even if we compare Goberts peak salary to Ben Wallace's restricted contract

Rudy took up only 10% more. It's not some astronomical percentage higher.

Even if you think 15% of the cap is all Rudy is worth.

All it takes is one good draft on a rookie contract to make up that value.

Minds can differ on Gobert as a player

But what you said wasn't accurate.

I know it was with the bulls. His unrestricted payday came with the bulls.

The bulls improved by 8 wins and became the number 1 defense in basketball with a post prime Ben Wallace.

You said he never made that even close to the same percentage of the cap.

He clearly did, actually he took up a higher percentage.

Even if we compare Goberts peak salary to Ben Wallace's restricted contract

Rudy took up only 10% more. It's not some astronomical percentage higher.

Even if you think 15% of the cap is all Rudy is worth.

All it takes is one good draft on a rookie contract to make up that value.

Minds can differ on Gobert as a player

But what you said wasn't accurate.
What? Lol, I was referring to Ben's time as a Piston because they were perennial title contenders

I don't care what he did with that Bulls team, that's not relevant to the convo of having Rudy being able to be on a title team taking up the cap space he does

Gobert making 35 this year. 41+ after 2023

This ain’t Canadian dollars we are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom