2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if I should give more credit to the Heat for completely shutting Trae down or is Trae just not as good as we initially thought.
I mean he damn near single-handedly brought them to the conference finals last year :lol:, beating the 1 seed on the way.

He was looking like a Steph regen and had a great regular season this year too, he just ran into as well organized a defensive unit as there is in the league right now.

Kind of like All-World KD getting put through the ringer against Boston, everyone knows they're still elite but they came up against better and better coached squads.

Who else would you put on their level? Accomplishments and everything factored in
When I think of superstar I look at just accomplishments and most importantly play I don’t care about off the court stuff popularity etc when evaluating that.

Embiid, Jokic, a healthy Kawhi, Chris Paul, Luka I’d even consider Tatum a super star as well

Obviously there’s tiers even in superstars not saying those dudes are equal to Giannis, KD, Lebron but them other dudes I can’t just call stars they are better than that

When I think of superstar I look at just accomplishments and most importantly play I don’t care about off the court stuff popularity etc when evaluating that.

Embiid, Curry, Jokic, a healthy Kawhi, Chris Paul, Luka I’d even consider Tatum a super star as well

Obviously there’s tiers even in superstars not saying those dudes are equal to Giannis, KD, Lebron (Curry tho is in that tier) but then other dudes I can’t just call stars they are better than that

IMO they have to have been in the league a bit, obviously successful on the court, and be a core piece you’d build around.

A championship as well IMO. That’s the big factor between a super star and all star for me

Jokic a superstar?
🤣
The reigning about to be two time MVP not a superstar in the league? Yea our definitions just don’t sync up on this
IMO they have to have been in the league a bit, obviously successful on the court, and be a core piece you’d build around.

A championship as well IMO. That’s the big factor between a super star and all star for me
How long in the league I get what you saying I agree consistency matters you can’t just get superstar off one great season, success on the court also matters and being a core piece but I wouldn’t say you have to be a champion to be considered a superstar I don’t agree with that

That’s cool but who cares about the fan votes in this instance w know Trae didn’t just squeak in by fan vote his play legitimately matched those all star starter nods.

What’s your definition of a superstar?

Not saying didn’t Trae didn’t deserve it man. He did deserve those Starter nods.

But we’ve seen players voted to be ASG Starters (before Wiggins) when they shouldn’t have.

Watch LaMelo be an All-Star game Starter next year and take Trae’s spot even tho Trae will deserve it more. So that particular statistic doesn’t mean much to me.

But yea, I can more or less count on my hand the amount Superstars there are IMO. That title is different to me.

The reigning about to be two time MVP not a superstar in the league? Yea our definitions just don’t sync up on this

How long in the league I get what you saying I agree consistency matters you can’t just get superstar off one great season, success on the court also matters and being a core piece but I wouldn’t say you have to be a champion to be considered a superstar I don’t agree with that
No he’s not a superstar bro and that’s no slight at him…

Kawhi, Luka, Dame, CP, Beard, Kyrie and Embiid all are too.

Tatum is getting there

Kawhi simply don't play enough, same with Kyrie. Can't trust them.

Dame should be but he ain't got the accomplishments. Went down with the ship in Portland for no reason.

Harden's time is over.

Luka getting there

Embiid got too many questions

Not saying didn’t Trae didn’t deserve it man. He did deserved those Starter nods.

But we’ve seen players be ASG Starters when they shouldn’t have. So that general statistic doesn’t mean much to me.

Watch LaMelo be an All-Star game Starter next year and take Trae’s spot even tho Trae will deserve it more. So generally I don’t care that stat.

But yea, I can more or less count on my hand the amount Superstars there are IMO. That title is different to me.
If you operating on a definition where there’s less than 5 superstars in the league with a real strict criteria then sure Trae isn’t a superstar. I don’t agree with that but if that’s what you and some others apparently operate on that’s cool

Not saying didn’t Trae didn’t deserve it man. He did deserved those Starter nods.

But we’ve seen players be ASG Starters when they shouldn’t have. So that general statistic doesn’t mean much to me.

Watch LaMelo be an All-Star game Starter next year and take Trae’s spot even tho Trae will deserve it more. So generally I don’t care that stat.

Yeah lamelo isn’t taking Trae’s ASG spot anytime soon. That man is 29/9. In ink. He was absolutely buns against the heat but that man is really an entire offense.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves

I guess long enough to become a household name like someone else said. For instance, Trae and Ja are super high caliber players but let’s say the next few years they fall off, does that still make them superstars because they had a few elite years?

200.gif

I guess long enough to become a household name like someone else said. For instance, Trae and Ja are super high caliber players but let’s say the next few years they fall off, does that still make them superstars because they had a few elite years?
I get what you’re saying but household name personally don’t matter to me I’m just going straight off play, consistency and accomplishments. And yes if you fall off significantly and you’ve had more off years are more than your elite years or you at that age where your best days are behind you then no I wouldn’t say that person is a superstar anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom