2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.

cd407c0fb9582c3367719b19c494591a.gif

Ive had this convo with my guys multiple times and Im one of the ones that agree that its only a small handful of superstars, and a LARGE pool of stars, and I feel that list can change and is fluid over time.

Current Super stars - Bron, KD, Curry, Giannis (giannis just got in a couple years ago)
Stars - Jimmy Butler, Dame, AD, Paul George, Trae, Tatum, booker etc..
Role Players - every one else

For superstars I look at it as not just on the court but other off court factors play a part, like jersey sales, having a sig shoe, endorsements/commercials, being a household name. There are also past superstars in my opinion. Like at one point in time Carmelo, CP3 were current superstars

I feel like the NBA has a ton of recognizable faces and big names, but theres a big gap between the Bron/KD/Curry compared to other stars in the L.

And I honestly wouldnt be mad if someone put Bron in a league of his own Tier wise.

What makes KD a superstar based on that criteria?

Lebron or Curry are unquestionable. Lebron has a show on HBO. Starred in Space Jam 2021. Has a Signature Shoe. Does plenty of endorsements. Etc.

Based on the tiers you listed...there are tiers.

Ive had this convo with my guys multiple times and Im one of the ones that agree that its only a small handful of superstars, and a LARGE pool of stars, and I feel that list can change and is fluid over time.

Current Super stars - Bron, KD, Curry, Giannis (giannis just got in a couple years ago)
Stars - Jimmy Butler, Dame, AD, Paul George, Trae, Tatum, booker etc..
Role Players - every one else

For superstars I look at it as not just on the court but other off court factors play a part, like jersey sales, having a sig shoe, endorsements/commercials, being a household name. There are also past superstars in my opinion. Like at one point in time Carmelo, CP3 were current superstars

I feel like the NBA has a ton of recognizable faces and big names, but theres a big gap between the Bron/KD/Curry compared to other stars in the L.

And I honestly wouldnt be mad if someone put Bron in a league of his own Tier wise.

I agree...however KD Is a Star not superstar

KD = PG13 Same Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom