2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes KD a superstar based on that criteria?

Lebron or Curry are unquestionable. Lebron has a show on HBO. Starred in Space Jam 2021. Has a Signature Shoe. Does plenty of endorsements. Etc.

Based on the tiers you listed...there are tiers.

the things that I listed. Sig shoes, just seen he is only the 2nd active NBA player ever to have 15 sig shoe models, jersey sales, endorsements/commercials, had a TV show on ESPN+, household name, on top of all the on court accolades/success as well (12x NBA All Star, NBA MVP, 2x NBA Champ, 2x FMVP, 6x 1st Team All NBA, 4x Scoring Champ, Top 75 all time). All that mixed together is a superstar....to me 🤷‍♂️

Ive had this convo with my guys multiple times and Im one of the ones that agree that its only a small handful of superstars, and a LARGE pool of stars, and I feel that list can change and is fluid over time.

Current Super stars - Bron, KD, Curry, Giannis (giannis just got in a couple years ago)
Stars - Jimmy Butler, Dame, AD, Paul George, Trae, Tatum, booker etc..
Role Players - every one else

For superstars I look at it as not just on the court but other off court factors play a part, like jersey sales, having a sig shoe, endorsements/commercials, being a household name. There are also past superstars in my opinion. Like at one point in time Carmelo, CP3 were current superstars

I feel like the NBA has a ton of recognizable faces and big names, but theres a big gap between the Bron/KD/Curry compared to other stars in the L.

And I honestly wouldnt be mad if someone put Bron in a league of his own Tier wise.

am I not reading this correctly? you don't think KD is a superstar?
Based on his criteria...no. Neither is Giannis.

I think there is definitely more nuance to the debate. Is KD one of the most popular NBA players? Yes. But Lebron. Then Steph. Then the there's a little distance between them and the rest of the pack. So in a round about way, I'm saying KD and Giannis probably should be in their own tier.

What makes KD a superstar based on that criteria?

Lebron or Curry are unquestionable. Lebron has a show on HBO. Starred in Space Jam 2021. Has a Signature Shoe. Does plenty of endorsements. Etc.

Based on the tiers you listed...there are tiers.

KD certainly checks all of the boxes in the criteria he laid out. :lol:

- jersey sales
- having a sig shoe, endorsements/commercials
- being a household name

the things that I listed. Sig shoes, just seen he is only the 2nd active NBA player to have 15 sig shoe models, jersey sales, endorsements/commercials, had a TV show on ESPN+, household name, on top of all the on court accolades/success as well.
I hate that 7 elements were named and only 1 was basketball related...

... and it was named last.

-foe

I think there is definitely more nuance to the debate. Is KD one of the most popular NBA players? Yes. But Lebron. Then Steph. Then the there's a little distance between them and the rest of the pack. So in a round about way, I'm saying KD and Giannis probably should be in their own tier.

I guess my question to you is, what boxes does KD not check?

KD has shoes. has a movie. has followers. has control over a billion dollar franchise. KD can sway free agency. has all star votes. he makes like $35Ms a year off endorsements.

with all due respect sir you are high off some PREMIUM if you think he isn't a superstar.

and Giannis is too. the only reason why his endorsement $ isn't as large yet is because that dude doesn't care to be everywhere.

-foe

I feel that. My Initial post already stated that my opinion of what superstar is includes off court criteria as well tho. I think those things are important in regards to determining who is and who isnt.

-foe
My question is there some type of score for each category? And does it add up to a composite score to develop superstar status?
I guess my question to you is, what boxes does KD not check?
I think I echo the same thing others have conveyed about superstar definition and what criteria is used. I honestly could care less about the casuals. I like KD. He's cold. Like his passion, work ethic, craft is another level.

As far as based on your criteria, what's the threshold or score that qualifies someone in that top tier? Lebron has made a movie. Have the others done the same? Accolades, he has more chips, has stat padded his way to top in many categories, has multiple shoe lines, etc.

:smh:

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 2.44.26 PM.png

danny green looked so nervous during that interview lol

cmon man these dudes better be ready tomorrow

My question is there some type of score for each category? And does it add up to a composite score to develop superstar status?

I think I echo the same thing others have conveyed about superstar definition and what criteria is used. I honestly could care less about the casuals. I like KD. He's cold. Like his passion, work ethic, craft is another level.

As far as based on your criteria, what's the threshold or score that qualifies someone in that top tier? Lebron has made a movie. Have the others done the same? Accolades, he has more chips, has stat padded his way to top in many categories, has multiple shoe lines, etc.

I wouldnt say I have specific threshold per se. Like Oh you only have X amount of all star appearances, and X amount of commercials you know. More so just an overview of their bulk body of work.

Like Paul George is a hell of a player. Multiple time all star, multiple signature shoes, has been in commercials and all that....but I wouldnt call him a superstar especially if Im gonna call Curry the same thing. I look at overall on court accolades, and then the off court stuff is basically the items that make or break you from superstardom, imo.

Putting in the work to get drafted

Getting drafted and having a successful career

Using the millions you make to help better your family

Creating scholarships for at risk youth and impacting the lives of future generations

Those are all tremendous accomplishments and people like that are considered champions on and off the court

I get it, but no. :lol: Shaq and looking at him like **** Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom