2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
KD has his own major studio feature film.
Pretty sure he has his own production company too :lol:

The discussion is fully off the rails if he's not considered a superstar now :lol: 0]

Always thought they were defines as an era's best and most widely recognizable players. There's been a bunch during every generation of the NBA which is why I don't get making it exclusive to icon status guys.

There's the superstar tier who are a mix of highly accomplished and legit famous/household name guys with their own established brands/off court identities then the star tier of accomplished guys who are less recognizable to the general public at large/fewer endorsements right below.

That's his official nickname bro. Don't deflect.

1651085700036.gif

I wouldnt say I have specific threshold per se. Like Oh you only have X amount of all star appearances, and X amount of commercials you know. More so just an overview of their bulk body of work.

Like Paul George is a hell of a player. Multiple time all star, multiple signature shoes, has been in commercials and all that....but I wouldnt call him a superstar especially if Im gonna call Curry the same thing. I look at overall on court accolades, and then the off court stuff is basically the items that make or break you from superstardom, imo.

All I'm saying is if you take away the 2 rings in GS the only thing KD got over Paul is one MVP.

EzIqTwKVIAcJlw7.jpg

I wouldnt say I have specific threshold per se. Like Oh you only have X amount of all star appearances, and X amount of commercials you know. More so just an overview of their bulk body of work.

Like Paul George is a hell of a player. Multiple time all star, multiple signature shoes, has been in commercials and all that....but I wouldnt call him a superstar especially if Im gonna call Curry the same thing. I look at overall on court accolades, and then the off court stuff is basically the items that make or break you from superstardom, imo.
I hope you don't think I'm arguing with you.

You logically framed the superstar argument. But in our data-rich and driven world, I was simply curious on what the criteria to differentiate the folks you listed. There weren't scores. Etc. Most have just argued using the eye test. I appreciated the earnings list. And again, big fan of KD and agree he's in the conversation.

What page is all the receipts of people in here saying the Nets were a lock in to at least make the Finals and were gonna run through every team and were the greatest 7th seed ever? I can’t find it. It was mad of you in here saying that dumb **** when Kyrie and KD went on their little high scoring run.

What page is all the receipts of people in here saying the Nets were a lock in to at least make the Finals and were gonna run through every team and were the greatest 7th seed ever? I can’t find it. It was mad of you in here saying that dumb **** when Kyrie and KD went on their little high scoring run.

@ THEM.

I hope you don't think I'm arguing with you.

You logically framed the superstar argument. But in our data-rich and driven world, I was simply curious on what the criteria to differentiate the folks you listed. There weren't scores. Etc. Most have just argued using the eye test. I appreciated the earnings list. And again, big fan of KD and agree he's in the conversation.

aw naw man youre good. I dont think that at all. Just a discussion. like I said I have this convo with my boys allllll the time, u wanna see an argument and mfs gettin in their feelings mann I wish you could hear those convos. I got one boy that SWEARS Zach Lavine is a superstar so just imagine how that convo goes lol. But naw I dont necessarily have any metric driven criteria to back any of my claims up lol these just personal opinions just based on things I feel are kinda out in the open and unquestionable, but one of these days I may actually try to establish a legit data/metric driven way to differentiate individuals from one another. Give me something fun to do at work :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom