2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetically, what about Trae & Luka. If they were traded for each other, would one team be deemed the 'winner'?

Hypothetically.
thats-bait-no-text.gif

Yea rap is the new “pop” music, it’s any and everywhere :lol:
White people still going viral for doing something perceived to be "black" needs to die already. It's 2022...white people have been fully entrenched within "hip hop culture" for 30+ years already :lol:

She’s got millions of followers doing this every day :lol:

And they’ve effectively made imitating Black pop culture an entire industry within multiple industries at this point :lol:

Nah man, it’s actually reached unprecedented levels. I don’t really go out like that anymore but in Philly I went out after the game and all the white folks were WILDING to rap music. Im like bro you got on this MIT sweatshirt but do you even ******* know what a trap is? Then the 90s and 2000s **** came on and I was like y’all were probably rocking heavy to Blink 182, Weezer and Britney Spears when these songs dropped. There’s no nostalgia for you :lol:

They were also hella disrespectful too. Had some white boys leave their empty cans on my table like I wasn’t sitting there or was the help. Then I was kind of pissed but let it go and they did it again with more trash on the table!!

Had to go up to this one dude and smack his drink out of his hand and tell him to stop trying to play me. I know you think you’re doing it but don’t disrespect me. We went to the same schools and unless you’re a valedictorian you probably didn’t do better than me. Put some MFin respek on my name. His crew was shook as hell and apologized. However, shortly after I was cut off and was asked to leave. It was an inside job (I think they were cool with the staff). But at the end of the day, THEY didn’t like to hear a black man was doing better than them.

In retrospect, after typing that out, I was kind of wildin :lol: But this new generation of young white kids deserved to hear some words about respect from a successful black man on or above their level who keeps it real IMO

Nah man, it’s actually reached unprecedented levels. I don’t really go out like that anymore but in Philly I went out after the game and all the white folks were WILDING to rap music. Im like bro you got on this MIT sweatshirt but do you even ****ing know what a trap is? Then the 90s and 2000s **** came on and I was like y’all were probably rocking heavy to Blink 182, Weezer and Britney Spears when these songs dropped. There’s no nostalgia for you :lol:
:lol:
They were also hella disrespectful too. Had some white boys leave their empty cans on my table like I wasn’t sitting there or was the help. Then I was kind of pissed but let it go and they did it again with more trash on the table!!

Had to go up to this one dude and smack his drink out of his hand and tell him to stop trying to play me. I know you think you’re doing it but don’t disrespect me. We went to the same schools and unless you’re a valedictorian you probably didn’t do better than me. Put some MFin respek on my name. His crew was shook as hell and apologized. However, shortly after I was cut off and was asked to leave. It was an inside job (I think they were cool with the staff). But at the end of the day, THEY didn’t like to hear a black man was doing better than them.

In retrospect, after typing that out, I was kind of wildin :lol: But this new generation of young white kids deserved to hear some words about respect from a successful black man on or above their level who keeps it real IMO
Not discounting anything you say about your recent experience there, and preface my addtional comments by noting both my parents were born and raised in Philly and I still have family there, but I've never felt much in the way of "Brotherly Love" from the residents of that city in the times I've visited. Got some things going for it for sure, but not what I would call the most welcoming, friendly city I've been too. :lol:

(I also recognize that lots of people visit LA and think most of the people here are *** holes).

I’m gonna Need Gianni to step it up. I cant see him beating this Celtics team with Rob back without Khris.

Philly with a disappointing G5….. following a disappointing G4 :lol: Injuries have forced Toronto to go with a very tall rotation. They’re going 8 deep & the shortest guy is Trent at 6’5”. One of the only teams in the league that could run a rotation like that.

But when Embiid is on the floor, this doesn’t change anything for Philly. Nurse’s defensive approach is the same from G1. They’re still doubling from 1 or sometimes both wings.

Philly likes to sit Embiid at the top & wait for the help. Tobias delivering the entry pass then cutting to the dunker. Two shooters in the corners. Very simple, very effective. Dallas did this with Dirk a lot. Corner 3s or layups every time.

Embiid at the top, help off the wing immediately, open corner 3

Toronto comes off both wings to form a wall. Tobias immediately cuts & seals.

Help comes from the right wing here, easy play

Embiid at the top again. Help comes from the wing again, Harden fills the corner, Tobias fills the corner & attacks the closeout, back to Embiid in single coverage now for the dunk.

Same setup, Tobias smokes the layup this time. You see he also has Danny in the corner

Same setup, Tobias makes the play, Danny was 4/9 from deep in this game but awful touch on this one.

Lastly, you see what happens if Toronto decides to play Embiid straight up :lol:

Embiid on the elbow or the block, the math is the same

Embiid at the elbow, help off the wing, Harden attacks the closeout, Gary Trent ball watches the entire time.

On the block this time, double comes immediately, Embiid skips to Shake in the corner who attacks the closeout, Boucher gives Siakam (unneeded) help, taking his body off of Embiid. These things happen with a scrambling defensive scheme like this

Embiid on the elbow here, help comes from the wing. Siakam stays in the passing lane on his closeout giving Harden the lane, Trent sinks to help, Harden kicks out. A brick but open corner 3 from a 40% shooter.

And in the PnR you can catch Birch making a mistake in drop, or when Precious switches then Embiid is great at sealing wings to prevent fronting, or you can catch someone on the backend making a mistake. Philly consistently generates good offense from this.

Precious switches PnR with Trent, who then switches off of Embiid with OG. But he loves to ball watch so he loses Danny on the backend. If I’m not posting Embiid I’d get Trent on the ball & PnR every time down.

Birch in drop here, Harden catches him in no man’s land

Birch in drop again, lob is there but their timing is slightly off. But you see, Birch in drop is the weakness here.

Staggered DHO, Toronto tags Embiid with two men so Danny Green is open. Birch is hesitant to leave Embiid’s body, when he finally does maxey accelerates right on by him

Same action Trent & OG don’t talk :lol: both follow Maxey. Wide open Green again

Embiid Harden DHO, Toronto switches with Precious now Embiid has a wing, makes a beeline to the block, Harden delivers a great entry pass.

So you have your gameplan, in addition to pushing the pace in transition + Embiid rim runs whenever possible. But that’s your halfcourt offense & nothing else. It’s plenty.

Yet Philly lost Embiid’s minutes anyway with Toronto struggling to score.

Bad possessions at this point in the series is disappointing to say the least. You know their weaknesses, you know where the help is coming from, so you know where your shots are coming from.

But Philly either didn’t execute or strayed from what worked.

Embiid at the top, help comes from the wing, Danny in the dunker this time instead of the corner, Maxey hits him right in the hands & he still can’t catch :lol: might’ve been a tough finish for Danny anyway. Siakam always shuts down the passing lane when he helps & does it again here. Park Danny in the corner with Tobias on the wing/dunker instead. Not shown here, but after this Harden throws it away on the inbound pass.

Embiid sets up near the top. The double comes from the wing. They should know exactly what to do :lol: Harden goes to set a screen on Trent & the ball should’ve gone to Maxey who also shouldn’t have taken that extra little step towards the corner. He could then just take the 3 or hit Tobias in the corner after he attacked the closeout. Instead you get an Embiid 3 which Toronto will live with.

Embiid turnaround fade before help comes. That’s that shooting guard stuff that he does occasionally. I’m not a fan. It lets Toronto’s defense off the hook.

Harden wastes 15 seconds getting Trent on the switch, nearly loses the dribble. Awful

Harden beats Scottie but turns down the floater to kick to maxey…. For another, tougher floater? :lol: Harden also goes before Danny gets to the corner (he paused at the dunker for some reason :lol: ), so Siakam helps & Maxey is the only option for a pass.

Tobias with a quick-trick trigger 3 with 20 seconds on the shot clock. That’s a Klay Thompson shot. Tobias needs to get it out of the natural flow of the offense.

Harden end of quarter iso brick. He has not been reliable in this situation all year long.

Harden just a poor job dribbling in traffic. Again, Embiid needs to be directly involved someway in every single possession.

Staggered screen action involving Precious instead of Birch so this would’ve been better for Harden to run instead of Maxey. Embiid expects the switch so he slips his screen, as a result Maxey doesn’t get much separation. Maxey’s head is up so he sees this & is still thinking score :lol: Siakam sinks to tag Embiid on the roll & Maxey just isn’t consistently making that skip pass to the corner.

So the uneven execution is concerning. No reason for it at this point in the series. Involve Embiid in everything in the halfcourt, run in transition whenever possible.

But what’s also concerning is the Paul Reed minutes.

-11 in just 8 mins against Toronto’s new oversized rotation. Some of that was Thybulle, who’s obviously not playing in G6. Some of that was poor decision-making/execution.

If Trent isn’t on the floor, then Maxey doesn’t have a favorable matchup. So with Toronto switching everything, it’s Harden & Tobias time to shine 1on1. They weren’t up for it.

Tobias with an iso. That’s really all him & Harden have against an all wing lineup switching 1-5. Tobias bricks like he’s done in every playoff run.

The Paul Reed minutes are often where Harden shows his age. Fails to beat Scottie here. Thad’s a bit older, Boucher’s a bit slower laterally. Probably better matchups for Harden at this point.

Harden takes forever searching for a matchup he likes, finds Thad Young but almost loses his dribble. Now Reed has left the dunker, pull-up brick

Trent is on the court but they don’t go at him. Instead Maxey tries & fails Thad, kicks out to Tobias who bricks the stepback 3.

Tobias hit ahead to Reed who can’t finish & doesn’t try again, kicks out to harden isn’t comfortable with catch & shoot right here

harden working on Trent, gets into the lane & Reed can’t catch the dump off

Nothing but struggle. Looking at the non-Embiid mins in G6 or in the next round, you’re looking at Harden. Tobias’ playoff struggles against any defense/defenders is well documented & Reed is a min contract guy.

Toronto is switching everything, so iso is all you have. There’s no real adjustment, nobody to hunt if Trent is off the floor. Harden just has to be more productive out of iso instead of showing his age. They obviously have to at least tread water when Embiid is resting.

Add it all up & Philly should still be able to get out of this series. Toronto is struggling to put up points. Meanwhile Simply throwing it to Embiid at the top or putting him in PnR gets Philly consistent quality looks. Toronto will be working much harder when they have the ball, which should result in a double digit point differential for Philly when Embiid is on the floor, which will help if/when they lose the Paul Reed minutes again.

There’s just not enough on the film to see 2 more losses.

……But if Philly were disciplined enough, we also wouldn’t be in a 6th game :lol: You see how the Clippers/Mavs hammered the Jazz with the same thing every single possession. That’s playoff basketball. Find your mismatch, go to it everytime.

Looking forward to Miami (cautiously :lol: ), Miami had their full lineup & dropped a game to Philly a few weeks ago without Embiid playing at all. But again, it’s all about how disciplined the Sixers are.

Not discounting anything you say about your recent experience there, and preface my addtional comments by noting both my parents were born and raised in Philly and I still have family there, but I've never felt much in the way of "Brotherly Love" from the residents of that city in the times I've visited. Got some things going for it for sure, but not what I would call the most welcoming, friendly city I've been too. :lol:

(I also recognize that lots of people visit LA and think most of the people here are *** holes).

I’m specifically talking about of them UPENN dudes can be de DIFFERENT at places like dive bars in the city because they feel like they have elevated status :lol: Also….I’m talking SPECIFICALLY about the spots where “younger” (25-35) spots that folks go. Literally had me at my table like
1651178307654.gif

Philly with a disappointing G5….. following a disappointing G4 :lol: Injuries have forced Toronto to go with a very tall rotation. They’re going 8 deep & the shortest guy is Trent at 6’5”. One of the only teams in the league that could run a rotation like that.

But when Embiid is on the floor, this doesn’t change anything for Philly. Nurse’s defensive approach is the same from G1. They’re still doubling from 1 or sometimes both wings.

Philly likes to sit Embiid at the top & wait for the help. Tobias delivering the entry pass then cutting to the dunker. Two shooters in the corners. Very simple, very effective. Dallas did this with Dirk a lot. Corner 3s or layups every time.

Embiid at the top, help off the wing immediately, open corner 3

Toronto comes off both wings to form a wall. Tobias immediately cuts & seals.

Help comes from the right wing here, easy play

Embiid at the top again. Help comes from the wing again, Harden fills the corner, Tobias fills the corner & attacks the closeout, back to Embiid in single coverage now for the dunk.

Same setup, Tobias smokes the layup this time. You see he also has Danny in the corner

Same setup, Tobias makes the play, Danny was 4/9 from deep in this game but awful touch on this one.

Lastly, you see what happens if Toronto decides to play Embiid straight up :lol:

Embiid on the elbow or the block, the math is the same

Embiid at the elbow, help off the wing, Harden attacks the closeout, Gary Trent ball watches the entire time.

On the block this time, double comes immediately, Embiid skips to Shake in the corner who attacks the closeout, Boucher gives Siakam (unneeded) help, taking his body off of Embiid. These things happen with a scrambling defensive scheme like this

Embiid on the elbow here, help comes from the wing. Siakam stays in the passing lane on his closeout giving Harden the lane, Trent sinks to help, Harden kicks out. A brick but open corner 3 from a 40% shooter.

And in the PnR you can catch Birch making a mistake in drop, or when Precious switches then Embiid is great at sealing wings to prevent fronting, or you can catch someone on the backend making a mistake. Philly consistently generates good offense from this.

Precious switches PnR with Trent, who then switches off of Embiid with OG. But he loves to ball watch so he loses Danny on the backend. If I’m not posting Embiid I’d get Trent on the ball & PnR every time down.

Birch in drop here, Harden catches him in no man’s land

Birch in drop again, lob is there but their timing is slightly off. But you see, Birch in drop is the weakness here.

Staggered DHO, Toronto tags Embiid with two men so Danny Green is open. Birch is hesitant to leave Embiid’s body, when he finally does maxey accelerates right on by him

Same action Trent & OG don’t talk :lol: both follow Maxey. Wide open Green again

Embiid Harden DHO, Toronto switches with Precious now Embiid has a wing, makes a beeline to the block, Harden delivers a great entry pass.

So you have your gameplan, in addition to pushing the pace in transition + Embiid rim runs whenever possible. But that’s your halfcourt offense & nothing else. It’s plenty.

Yet Philly lost Embiid’s minutes anyway with Toronto struggling to score.

Bad possessions at this point in the series is disappointing to say the least. You know their weaknesses, you know where the help is coming from, so you know where your shots are coming from.

But Philly either didn’t execute or strayed from what worked.

Embiid at the top, help comes from the wing, Danny in the dunker this time instead of the corner, Maxey hits him right in the hands & he still can’t catch :lol: might’ve been a tough finish for Danny anyway. Siakam always shuts down the passing lane when he helps & does it again here. Park Danny in the corner with Tobias on the wing/dunker instead. Not shown here, but after this Harden throws it away on the inbound pass.

Embiid sets up near the top. The double comes from the wing. They should know exactly what to do :lol: Harden goes to set a screen on Trent & the ball should’ve gone to Maxey who also shouldn’t have taken that extra little step towards the corner. He could then just take the 3 or hit Tobias in the corner after he attacked the closeout. Instead you get an Embiid 3 which Toronto will live with.

Embiid turnaround fade before help comes. That’s that shooting guard stuff that he does occasionally. I’m not a fan. It lets Toronto’s defense off the hook.

Harden wastes 15 seconds getting Trent on the switch, nearly loses the dribble. Awful

Harden beats Scottie but turns down the floater to kick to maxey…. For another, tougher floater? :lol: Harden also goes before Danny gets to the corner (he paused at the dunker for some reason :lol: ), so Siakam helps & Maxey is the only option for a pass.

Tobias with a quick-trick trigger 3 with 20 seconds on the shot clock. That’s a Klay Thompson shot. Tobias needs to get it out of the natural flow of the offense.

Harden end of quarter iso brick. He has not been reliable in this situation all year long.

Harden just a poor job dribbling in traffic. Again, Embiid needs to be directly involved someway in every single possession.

Staggered screen action involving Precious instead of Birch so this would’ve been better for Harden to run instead of Maxey. Embiid expects the switch so he slips his screen, as a result Maxey doesn’t get much separation. Maxey’s head is up so he sees this & is still thinking score :lol: Siakam sinks to tag Embiid on the roll & Maxey just isn’t consistently making that skip pass to the corner.

So the uneven execution is concerning. No reason for it at this point in the series. Involve Embiid in everything in the halfcourt, run in transition whenever possible.

But what’s also concerning is the Paul Reed minutes.

-11 in just 8 mins against Toronto’s new oversized rotation. Some of that was Thybulle, who’s obviously not playing in G6. Some of that was poor decision-making/execution.

If Trent isn’t on the floor, then Maxey doesn’t have a favorable matchup. So with Toronto switching everything, it’s Harden & Tobias time to shine 1on1. They weren’t up for it.

Tobias with an iso. That’s really all him & Harden have against an all wing lineup switching 1-5. Tobias bricks like he’s done in every playoff run.

The Paul Reed minutes are often where Harden shows his age. Fails to beat Scottie here. Thad’s a bit older, Boucher’s a bit slower laterally. Probably better matchups for Harden at this point.

Harden takes forever searching for a matchup he likes, finds Thad Young but almost loses his dribble. Now Reed has left the dunker, pull-up brick

Trent is on the court but they don’t go at him. Instead Maxey tries & fails Thad, kicks out to Tobias who bricks the stepback 3.

Tobias hit ahead to Reed who can’t finish & doesn’t try again, kicks out to harden isn’t comfortable with catch & shoot right here

harden working on Trent, gets into the lane & Reed can’t catch the dump off

Nothing but struggle. Looking at the non-Embiid mins in G6 or in the next round, you’re looking at Harden. Tobias’ playoff struggles against any defense/defenders is well documented & Reed is a min contract guy.

Toronto is switching everything, so iso is all you have. There’s no real adjustment, nobody to hunt if Trent is off the floor. Harden just has to be more productive out of iso instead of showing his age. They obviously have to at least tread water when Embiid is resting.

Add it all up & Philly should still be able to get out of this series. Toronto is struggling to put up points. Meanwhile Simply throwing it to Embiid at the top or putting him in PnR gets Philly consistent quality looks. Toronto will be working much harder when they have the ball, which should result in a double digit point differential for Philly when Embiid is on the floor, which will help if/when they lose the Paul Reed minutes again.

There’s just not enough on the film to see 2 more losses.

……But if Philly were disciplined enough, we also wouldn’t be in a 6th game :lol: You see how the Clippers/Mavs hammered the Jazz with the same thing every single possession. That’s playoff basketball. Find your mismatch, go to it everytime.

Looking forward to Miami (cautiously :lol: ), Miami had their full lineup & dropped a game to Philly a few weeks ago without Embiid playing at all. But again, it’s all about how disciplined the Sixers are.

TL: DR

Philly is blowing it more than anything by just being dumb? Lol

ill steelo ill steelo thank you

been waiting for a deep dive into the sixers situation

you a goat bro
My man :nthat:

TL: DR

Philly is blowing it more than anything by just being dumb? Lol
Essentially, yes :rofl: They’re giving it away. I find it hard to believe they won’t make those small adjustments offensively over the next 4-8 quarters.

Doc’s teams are usually good about hammering mismatches. He just struggles adjusting when the other team finds a weakness, which Toronto hasn’t done & can’t do with their personnel.

I would love to see a 3-0 comeback, I just don’t think this is it.

My man :nthat:

Essentially, yes :rofl: They’re giving it away. I find it hard to believe they won’t make those small adjustments offensively over the next 4-8 quarters.

Doc’s teams are usually good about hammering mismatches. He just struggles adjusting when the other team finds a weakness, which Toronto hasn’t done & can’t do with their personnel.

I would love to see a 3-0 comeback, I just don’t think this is it.
YALL know I’m a homer but I think we were still getting looks but blowing it. Still kinda concerned about the defense against Toronto 5 PF lineup especially with Maxey out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom