2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching what Chris Paul does with Phoenix and the level he's playing at right now... And thinking about where he was three years ago is wild.

Houston trades a bunch of stuff for him, then ran this man off for Russ. And then OKC traded him for Kelly Oubre, a bag of potato chips and one 1st rounder.

What the hell planet did all this happen on?
He’s gonna look like that again if they run into Boston :lol: He can get off against a few of their reserves, but in that starting lineup not a single weak link in that chain.

This whole "Jordan Poole left the bench during an altercation" narrative is truly nasty work. The NBA is about to double technical this as a result and no punishment will be levied. Very annoying.

Sure harden aint himself but he my man is being tripled team/double teamed when near the paint even being doubled at the perimeter

You hear the coach last night say make a wall

Hes been making the right plays and not forcing ****, the role players arent hitting anything at all is what really the issue is

When corner shots aint falling for sixers its pretty easy to play off them esp when heat are in that zone defense

Yall are so brainwashed though and want harden to drop 40 a night

If yall think harden the issue we watching completely diff games
I didn't say Harden was the exact reason why the Sixers are losing every single game. I'm strictly talking about his decline as a player. Obviously he isn't the only red flag, Philly is missing their best player and Doc Rivers is Doc Rivers.

let's talk

i get kyrie got some of the greatest handles ever and that’s a tremendous skill

but when I think of skill I think of the dudes who had a mastery of basketball that they could make basketball in the NBA look easy.. first guys I think of are Duncan and Jordan, guys who just looked smooth as hell with minimal movements and getting results

or i think of guys like magic or Jason Kidd who knew where everyone was on the court and was able to get passes to them anywhere.. or you have someone like steph whose shooting was on that next level

jerry rice is the perfect example of what I mean, clearly wasn’t the biggest, strongest, quickest and/or fastest.. but dude was always wide open and getting 1000 even on the damn raiders latter in his career

If I have a new NBA franchise and have to pick between prime CP3 and Kyrie it's an easy decision.
This man went ahead and earned every penny since that 1st big one in his 30s. Crazy. You gotta be truly skillful to adjust with the rigors of age and still be a high performer. Hope Kyrie even sticks around long enough to see if he can do similar.

i get kyrie got some of the greatest handles ever and that’s a tremendous skill

but when I think of skill I think of the dudes who had a mastery of basketball that they could make basketball in the NBA look easy.. first guys I think of are Duncan and Jordan, guys who just looked smooth as hell with minimal movements and getting results

or i think of guys like magic or Jason Kidd who knew where everyone was on the court and was able to get passes to them anywhere.. or you have someone like steph whose shooting was on that next level

jerry rice is the perfect example of what I mean, clearly wasn’t the biggest, strongest, quickest and/or fastest.. but dude was always wide open and getting 1000 even on the damn raiders latter in his career

It's almost like a Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers discussion.

Why is the narrative that Luka has no help? The whole offense is give him the ball and get out his way.
Eventually they’ll need to upgrade their 2nd guy. I imagine a title contender with Luka would look a lot like those Harden/CP Rockets teams.

But that’s beside the point right now. Adjust for pace and they’re still scoring a bunch of points. Certainly enough points to win.

Defensively, Powell/Maxi are both in drop coverage & they don’t have much on the perimeter after Dorian.

Last edited:
"Most skilled" is a completely made up & subjective title.

It's okay for a player to 'just' be an all-star, all-NBA player. We don't need to exaggerate and say they're most ____ or greatest ____.
Damn, just hit me that this was a made up patch by Ky fans because he hasn't played enough in a season or been effective in a playoff in such a long time to qualify for things they had to apply something.

Damn, just hit me that this was a made up patch by Ky fans because he hasn't played enough in a season or been effective in a playoff in such a long time to qualify for things they had to apply something.

To me, it's similar to "best pure scorer"

What does that mean? Points are points no matter how many jab steps or spin moves you do.

"Most skilled" is a completely made up & subjective title.

It's okay for a player to 'just' be an all-star, all-NBA player. We don't need to exaggerate and say they're most ____ or greatest ____.

We live in a prisoner of the moment superlative culture and it’s not just basketball or sports.

Gotta work on your tween hesi game, your face up game, your turn over the left shoulder, turn over the right shoulder, your jump stop, your pump fake, your crab dribble, your step back, your step through, your triple threat, your back to the basket game, your up and under scoop layup, your shamgod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom