2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s a team award then it should be Booker.
But I haven’t heard that argument.

If it’s Embiid vs Jokic, I see no team difference in the regular season.

If you want to take the playoffs into consideration then call the award something else. Currently it’s a regular season award.

You know the nuggets were down to max players. One didn’t play a game. How is this not registering?

Why are you bringing up playoff results for a regular season reward?

The last time we saw Embiid without healthy guys, he got swept. You think you replace Jrue with Jevon carter, the bucks are still a contender?

WILDING
Bubble wasn’t real. Didn’t happen

You know the nuggets were down to max players. One didn’t play a game. How is this not registering?

Why are you bringing up playoff results for a regular season reward?

The last time we saw Embiid without healthy guys, he got swept. You think you replace Jrue with Jevon carter, the bucks are still a contender?

WILDING
And correct me if I'm wrong but embiid wasn't a candidate that year. We all knew before playoffs started bucks and sixers can make some noise and the nuggets couldn't. If the bucks weren't a contender for whatever reason Giannis wouldn't be a candidate. Really that simple. I wouldn't talk about other folks not registering if your struggling with that simple a concept..

If it’s a team award then it should be Booker.
But I haven’t heard that argument.

If it’s Embiid vs Jokic, I see no team difference in the regular season.

If you want to take the playoffs into consideration then call the award something else. Currently it’s a regular season award.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 7.08.09 PM.png

Denver Nuggets superstar and current NBA MVP Nikola Jokic hit a statistical mark no other player in NBA history has achieved. Jokic has scored more than 2,000 points, grabbed more than 1,000 rebounds, and dished out more than 500 assists so far this season.

That statistical dominance puts Jokic alone at the top of a category he just invented: the 2k, 1k, 500 Club. Only Wilt Chamberlain‘s efforts in the 1967-68 season come close, but Chamberlain was eight points shy of the mark.

Jokic didn't just have a great season, he had a once in a lifetime historic season. 500+ assists with that cast as a center is nuts.

And correct me if I'm wrong but embiid wasn't a candidate that year. We all knew before playoffs started bucks and sixers can make some noise and the nuggets couldn't. If the bucks weren't a contender for whatever reason Giannis wouldn't be a candidate. Really that simple. I wouldn't talk about other folks not registering if your struggling with that simple a concept..

The MVP isn’t a playoff award and that seems like the simple concept you’re struggling with.

It’s close but I think Booker makes that team go more than CP does. Wouldn’t be mad at either but they probably took votes away from each other like Curry/KD did.

They both missed a good amount of games… I bet if either played 10 more games they would’ve got it.

I know how much they get paid but Porter and murray aren't max players. Neither is simmons and Tobias

It doesn’t matter if they’re considered “max players” or not. There’s only like 10 max players by your definition.

This is a salary cap league.
If you’re missing your 2nd and 3rd biggest contracts for the majority of the year, it’s a huge deal. You’re essentially replacing 2nd and 3rd best player production with minimum players.

Last edited:
Jokic managed to get the Nuggets to 48 wins, 14 games over 500.

I get some wanting record and standing to factor into MVP but Denver is a bad team without MPJ and Murray. He elevated them to that record. I feel like he deserved it

They could have had the same record everyone still knew they weren't gonna do a thing in the postseason. Meanwhile sixers are in a tied series and bucks are currently leading their series.
Embiid is playing with a NBA Top 75, MVP, Scoring Champ, 6MOTY and coached by a coach with a championship pedigree. I'd expect his team to advance further than the Denver Jokics

It doesn’t matter if they’re considered “max players” or not. There’s only like 10 max players by your definition.

This is a salary cap league.
If you’re missing your 2nd and 3rd biggest contracts for the majority of the year, it’s a huge deal. You’re essentially replacing 2nd and 3rd best player production with minimum players.
Then why try to use max contracts as part of your argument. Aaron Gordon and will Barton are far from minimum players and made up for the bulk of what was lost with murray and Porter just on paper or else Denver would've been a lot worse. So it's not really that huge a deal when the next two guys step up and replace most of their offensive production and give better defense. I'm not even mad jokic won and it's weird because I thought everyone knew he won weeks ago. But that 'max player' talk is disingenuous

Last edited:
No Timelord. No bueno. Just let that dude rest his knee. Can't be doing it any favors at this point. You can see he's not the same yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom