2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said you couldn’t criticize him. Saying he won the award based on advanced numbers is wilding because he had better basic numbers too.

Better teams are playing for sure. And even today you can’t say Embiid has had a better playoff thank Jokic.

When Jokic is getting cooked the next 3 years when everyone is healthy, slander away. If Embiid wants an MVP he should do more.

Y'all got it. MVPs on a 6th seed based on stats is cool now. :lol:

I wonder if people really watch games and think to themselves damn..Jokic's VORP is off the charts tonight
Man, a few years ago all types of acronyms that I didn’t know used to be commonplace in here. Not sure why/when y’all stopped ******* with them numbers.

I wonder if the person who came up with them were real hoppers.

We all pretty much agree they got MIP wrong yet some of y'all can't fathom the fact they got MVP wrong as well. Basketball is a team sport if your team is no threat I don't care if u didn't miss a shot all season with toddlers as teammates. It's funny cause assuming they get healthy and improve next year he might actually deserve it (for once) but the geeks who vote on this will likely be on some other bs by then.

:lol:

Why wouldn't it? You serious?

The funny part is people keep saying "it's regular season award!!" We knew in the regular season Milwaukee and Philly was better teams and I'ma keep saying it, Giannis and Embiid are better than Jokic. If Jokic was clearly the better player it would make more sense.

There’s a 3 game difference between the two teams but by all accounts a talent difference is way bigger

Embiid hasn’t done a thing in the league to say he’s better either. Not a better regular season. Not a better post season. Embiid is my guy too.
Y’all wilding.

Criteria changes every year cause that, 4 seed, seemed to be a disqualifier in 17-18 :lol:

Were standings really the deciding factor that year?

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 6.36.31 PM.png

Y'all got it. MVPs on a 6th seed based on stats is cool now. :lol:

:lol:

Why wouldn't it? You serious?

The funny part is people keep saying "it's regular season award!!" We knew in the regular season Milwaukee and Philly was better teams and I'ma keep saying it, Giannis and Embiid are better than Jokic. If Jokic was clearly the better player it would make more sense.

He finished 3 games behind Embiid with 2 max contract slots missing for the whole year.

If Embiid finished with the 1 seed and was like 8-10 games clear of Jokic I would see the argument.

No difference in the 4 to 6 seed to me. Especially when it’s only a 3 game difference.

I don't think a crowd of fans that support the same team as you would point you out to security over a hug :lol:

Were standings really the deciding factor that year?

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 6.36.31 PM.png
Voters felt Beard was due after not winning during his his most MVP worthy year and they were a 1 seed with CP so he had the narrative but he had better non-scoring stats and shot better despite playing all 82 that first Kyrie-less year. That was a lottery squad without him

Just saying the criteria changes yearly :lol:

They could have had the same record everyone still knew they weren't gonna do a thing in the postseason. Meanwhile sixers are in a tied series and bucks are currently leading their series.

I wonder how much having a healthy supporting cast has to do with this.
Both bucks and sixers have had injuries and are still competing. Signs of a true contender. MVP is more of a team award than you guys realize. Alot of things have to go right for someone to get one.
Y'all dudes repped "winning is overated" so I get it :lol:
Theyre into the individual stars. The concept of team is a distant second if even that. I mean I get it tho we all found this site because we were into signature athletes sneakers a little too much :lol:

Both bucks and sixers have had injuries and are still competing. Signs of a true contender. MVP is more of a team award than you guys realize. Alot of things have to go right for someone to get one.

You know the nuggets were down to max players. One didn’t play a game. How is this not registering?

Why are you bringing up playoff results for a regular season reward?

The last time we saw Embiid without healthy guys, he got swept. You think you replace Jrue with Jevon carter, the bucks are still a contender?

WILDING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom