2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is a "i'm too old for this ****" thing for me...

But I got too many other things to stress about than getting worked up about a team that barely just saw their window start to crack open.
I can stress about real life things AND my teams. I was pissed about the NIners losing to the Rams last season, pissed that the Giants lost today, and happy that the Warriors won, I'm a competitive human being so I can deal with all of that. It's not going to make or break my day or anything, but I damn sure ain't going to be celebrating after they lose.

Because he's dead on defense.
Can't move his feet, can't challenge shots.

Also it's killed his transition game, he basically never runs anymore. Everything is in the half court

yea.. after that curry no call where he fell down the mavs had numbers and still didn’t push…

i think they ended up with a shot clock violation too!!!

just a slow paced team…

Not really.

2015 Rockets supporting cast was trash. Harden's on/off on the Rockets is significantly higher than Doncic's on/off on the Mavs, which shows barely any net difference.

I disagree. The 2015 Warrior squad isn't as good as the current one.
It's the perfect combination of championship experience + youth.

In 2018, Harden had CP3 as his running mate.

Lmaoooooo mavs sounding soft hearted in the presser.

Luka talm bout 'I'm only a kidddd I'm only 22 man, isss mah first time!! I'm just a kidddd man, they the besties over there!'
Foreel, you can say all that it may feel reassuring, but you don't even know if you're ever going to make it back.

speaking of the warriors age, i wouldn’t count on steph, klay ans dray being out any time soon. steph’s 34 but his conditioning is elite and the splash bros play a low-impact game on offense. dynasty run could run another 4-5 years barring injury
I don't disagree on Steph... It's the other two I look at and question how much longer the run is. Steph's gravity probably prolongs Klay to some degree, though. But Klay already a guy that ain't really gonna get his own offensively and he's definitely not the same guy defensively.

They're gonna have to pay Looney. They're gonna have to pay Wiggins. They're gonna have to pay Poole. This thing is gonna get prohibitive at some point from a financial standpoint, too.

It ain't like any of those three are easily replaceable if you let them leave. Maybe you let Loon bounce and pray Wiseman can fill it - but that feels like a tall ask. You start making decisions not to pay even a couple of those guys and things start to look a lot different in a hurry.

i hear you on the house money point, could say that the mavs over achieved making it to the WCF. but still, hella “respected” media members and folks on NT had the mavs pegged as taking this in 6. folks were riding the mavs hard after the suns series. that really house money?

speaking of the warriors age, i wouldn’t count on steph, klay and dray being out any time soon. steph’s 34 but his conditioning is elite and the splash bros play a low-impact game on offense. dynasty run could run another 4-5 years barring injury
the way the league is and how steph is getting stronger every year, he can keep this level of play for a handful of years
conditioning is elite, stronger than he looks, and aside from freak injuries, he doesn't really have lingering injuries

2018 Houston was up 3-2 against those Warriors and was favorite to take the series until CP3 got injured. So it's kind of a non-point.

at full health, im definitely taking the ‘22 dubs over the ‘15 roster.. all due respect to shaun, barbosa and speights

‘15 core was wet behind the ears but still a championship team. i miss bogut but he was getting cooked on the perimeter and one of the reasons kerr had to switch to Iggy at the five. Loon’s not getting played off the court.

dubs current vet and youth mixture is incredible. not to mention they got legit scorers off the bench in JP and otto.

at full health, im definitely taking the ‘22 dubs over the ‘15 roster.. all due respect to shaun, barbosa and speights

‘15 core was wet behind the ears but still a championship team. i miss bogut but he was getting cooked on the perimeter and one of the reasons kerr had to switch to Iggy at the five. Loon’s not getting played off the court.

dubs current vet and youth mixture is incredible. not to mention they got legit scorers off the bench in JP and otto.
Agreed. In 2015 and most of 2016 we were firing on all cylinders. Everyone knew their role and completely bought in, I think it was just a mindset of a young determined, hungry team. But we are markedly more talented this season, we just have to continue to execute.

Man when we switched in Iggy for the finals, we took that **** over.

Warriors depth is insane and they're even doing it walking a tight rope all year with only Green and Looney

Didn't skip a beat without Payton either
warriors fans know the value of looney, but the outside do not give him enough credit
battled back from injuries from previous yrs and played in all 82 gms. does all the dirty work down low and just bust his *** off

the way the league is and how steph is getting stronger every year, he can keep this level of play for a handful of years
conditioning is elite, stronger than he looks, and aside from freak injuries, he doesn't really have lingering injuries
I believe Klay will be back to himself next season too. Green will probably work on his shooting and maybe cut a bit more weight too so gain a step.

This is nothing to Dallas fans….

1653278355729.jpeg

1653280785354.gif

uncalled for….low blow…

warriors fans know the value of looney, but the outside do not give him enough credit
battled back from injuries from previous yrs and played in all 82 gms. does all the dirty work down low and just bust his *** off
The ability to play 6'6 and 6'9 at the PF/C spots with Dray and Loon and still be a comfortable top 10ish rebounding team is insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom