• SD

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • London

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And why can't I use Rodgers as an example? So what if it was 0 degrees and snowing. Why does Rodgers get an excuse but Carr doesn't? Carr has never had a receiver like Davante or a back like Aaron Jones. His best RB up until Jacobs was Latavius Murray, and Marshawn was a shell of his prime. His best WR was Crabtree or Cooper.

Plus, look at SF. They made it to the NFCCG with a QB like Jimmy G. You mean to tell me Jimmy G is a far better QB than Carr? Carr isn't the problem.
He is
Jimmy made the clutch throws for 1st downs that Carr didnt. He made them vs the Rams, Cowboys, and GB.
Carr is garbage…there nothing else to argue.

The Carr debate is hella tired but it’s going to keep going until he’s on another team.

I‘ve viewed Carr as a b grade Stafford and think he can make the throws Stafford made to beat the Bucs yesterday.

He’s obviously never going to be a Mahomes/Allen level (and we have to worry about Burrow/Herbert coming up), but I think we can still win with Carr. Like if DC was the qb in Tennessee, I think they easily beat the Bengals.

We just need to focus on improving our team. There’s only like 5-10 guys who I consider real pieces. The roster isnt good enough to win a title but it’s no where bad enough to tank for Bryce Young. Just have to keep competing and improving the team without commiting to a full rebuild.

How long did it take to get someone on Carr's level? I'm cool off waiting potentially 2 decades to find another QB worth a damn.

it's definitely an interesting debate, I can agree with reasonable arguments from both sides.

I think if Harbaugh is the guy we'll see another Alex Smith situation potentially.

And why can't I use Rodgers as an example? So what if it was 0 degrees and snowing. Why does Rodgers get an excuse but Carr doesn't? Carr has never had a receiver like Davante or a back like Aaron Jones. His best RB up until Jacobs was Latavius Murray, and Marshawn was a shell of his prime. His best WR was Crabtree or Cooper.

Plus, look at SF. They made it to the NFCCG with a QB like Jimmy G. You mean to tell me Jimmy G is a far better QB than Carr? Carr isn't the problem.

bc Rodgers just came off a season where he had 4k+ yards, 37 TDs, 4INTs, and only 3 FMBs and you're using one game as an example in freezing weather where neither team's offense was particularly good.

people make so many excuses that Carr doesn't have this or doesnt have that. none of those excuse him leading the league in fumbles since he entered the league. doesnt excuse his lack of ability to convert in the red zone. if he was in his 2nd/3rd year and still needed to work on his turnovers, then its a bit more understandable. 8 years in and he still cant hold on to the damn ball. that kills drives and gives the opposing team extra possessions, then yall wanna blame the defense? if you keep giving up the ball in plus territory, they are likely going to score. kinda common sense, no?

some of yall are so hung up on "he's the best qb since Gannon" that you're willing to accept anyone that's above Jamarcus Russell's level. losing mentality fitting for a losing franchise. i on the other hand want better. being pleased with mediocrity is not my standard.

Derek Carr isnt THE problem, but he is definitely part of it.

The Carr debate is hella tired but it’s going to keep going until he’s on another team.

I‘ve viewed Carr as a b grade Stafford and think he can make the throws Stafford made to beat the Bucs yesterday.

He’s obviously never going to be a Mahomes/Allen level (and we have to worry about Burrow/Herbert coming up), but I think we can still win with Carr. Like if DC was the qb in Tennessee, I think they easily beat the Bengals.

We just need to focus on improving our team. There’s only like 5-10 guys who I consider real pieces. The roster isnt good enough to win a title but it’s no where bad enough to tank for Bryce Young. Just have to keep competing and improving the team without commiting to a full rebuild.

why couldn't he beat the Bengals as a Raider? he had 2 turnovers to Burrow's 0. both teams has 2 drops each. same amount of penalties as well. hell, Derek was even pressured less than Joe.

Simplest answer is one team has:
Chase (top 5 pick)
Higgins (top 40 pick) & Boyd (2nd round pick)

while the other team has:
Renfrow (5th rounder) and Waller (6th rounder who bounced around) coming off a 6 week injury where he clearly wasn’t playing like himself.

Every team left has an elite WR (Kupp, Deebo, Hill, Chase). I thought Ruggs was on his way to becoming that and Carr was putting up the best numbers of his career until Ruggs made that tragic decision.

Hot take but I think the raiders would’ve beat the Bengals and Titans if we still had Ruggs…

Simplest answer is one team has:
Chase (top 5 pick)
Higgins (top 40 pick) & Boyd (2nd round pick)

while the other team has:
Renfrow (5th rounder) and Waller (6th rounder who bounced around) coming off a 6 week injury where he clearly wasn’t playing like himself.

Every team left has an elite WR (Kupp, Deebo, Hill, Chase). I thought Ruggs was on his way to becoming that and Carr was putting up the best numbers of his career until Ruggs made that tragic decision.

Hot take but I think the raiders would’ve beat the Bengals and Titans if we still had Ruggs…

why does draft position matter? Renfrow just came off a season with 100+ REC, 1000+ YDS, and 9TDs which was better than both Higgins and Boyd.

Derek went 29/54 for 310 YDS, 1 TD, 2 TOs. he was not accurate and turned the ball over.

if you wanna compare WR groups, the Titans only had 1 WR over 800 yards. after Brown, their next WRs had 400ish. seems like our WR are even better than the Titans, so what makes you think Derek would've won with them?

why does draft position matter? Renfrow just came off a season with 100+ REC, 1000+ YDS, and 9TDs which was better than both Higgins and Boyd.

Derek went 29/54 for 310 YDS, 1 TD, 2 TOs. he was not accurate and turned the ball over.

if you wanna compare WR groups, the Titans only had 1 WR over 800 yards. after Brown, their next WRs had 400ish. seems like our WR are even better than the Titans, so what makes you think Derek would've won with them?

Yes, I think Derek Carr with Aj Brown or Jamarr Chase would do damage. If Derek Carr was the Titans QB, they would be playing next week.

We can compare numbers all day but nobody is taking Hunter for any of these elite WR1s remaining. Hunter is a great slot threat but it was obvious Ruggs was WR1 before he broke the law and killed someone. We need to upgrade at WR.

Yes, I think Derek Carr with Aj Brown or Jamarr Chase would do damage. If Derek Carr was the Titans QB, they would be playing next week.

We can compare numbers all day but nobody is taking Hunter for any of these elite WR1s remaining. Hunter is a great slot threat but it was obvious Ruggs was WR1 before he broke the law and killed someone. We need to upgrade at WR.

but you just compared our WRs to the Bengals WRs? i pointed out that our WRs are better than the Titans group, yet you still think Derek would've won as a Titan when he couldnt beat the Bengals as a Raider? so you think that Derek Carr would be better with a LESS talented WR group?

why wouldnt you take Renfrow over Brown? he literally had a better season than him. Renfrow was also top 5 in drop rate. Kupp lined up for more snaps in the slot than he did out wide this season. multi SB winning WR Julian Edelman lined up in the slot. WR1 means you're the first option. it has nothing to do with where you line up. WR1 doesnt mean you have to play outside.

ADD: i don't disagree that we need more WR talent, but it still doesnt change Derek's tendencies. thats why i brought up 2017, bc he had Cooper, Crabtree, and Cook but still only mustered 22 TDs, 13 INTs, and 8 FMBs. its not the WR talent, its the QB.

but you just compared our WRs to the Bengals WRs? i pointed out that our WRs are better than the Titans group, yet you still think Derek would've won as a Titan when he couldnt beat the Bengals as a Raider? so you think that Derek Carr would be better with a LESS talented WR group?

why wouldnt you take Renfrow over Brown? he literally had a better season than him. Renfrow was also top 5 in drop rate. Kupp lined up for more snaps in the slot than he did out wide this season. multi SB winning WR Julian Edelman lined up in the slot. WR1 means you're the first option. it has nothing to do with where you line up. WR1 doesnt mean you have to play outside.

ADD: i don't disagree that we need more WR talent, but it still doesnt change Derek's tendencies. thats why i brought up 2017, bc he had Cooper, Crabtree, and Cook but still only mustered 22 TDs, 13 INTs, and 8 FMBs. its not the WR talent, its the QB.

Didn’t AJ Brown miss like 1/4 of the season :lol:

LMAO WHAT?! Hold up, you honestly think our WRs are better than the Titans WR group? :rofl:
Renfrow nice, but you would take Renfrow over AJ Brown? Good lord. Bless your soul.
Titans WR group didn't put up numbers because A) Brown and Julio were out multiple games, B) their QB is Ryan Tannehill, and C) They have Derrick ****ing Henry.
Of course Renfrow is gonna get his numbers this season. Carr ain't have nobody else to throw the damn ball to!!! :rofl:

Jimmy had a QBR of 11 and didn’t score an offensive TD and they won :lol:

If you don’t play, you’re not producing right? You want a “what if Derek was on the titans”, “what if AJ was healthy”, what if…we go off of actuals?

Y’all just making excuses for a dude that can’t hold on to the ball or score in the RZ. At least he can get close enough for FGs I guess.

And I didn’t say I would take AJ. I asked why wouldn’t you take Renfrow? He produced and had all the stats of a WR1, but bc he’s not 6’3 he can’t be? I answered with facts every time and y’all continue to respond like children.

Even when Waller played, your boy would miss him. 29/54 and only 2 drops. Was he inaccurate against the Bengals or do you have another excuse?

Y’all just making excuses for a dude that can’t hold on to the ball or score in the RZ. At least he can get close enough for FGs I guess.

AJ Brown has played the same amount of seasons as Renfrow and with games missed still has NINE more career TD's, with 3 less games played

NINE.

Edit- just realized you meant Carr. I will stand by my point though :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom