• SD

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • London

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agholor had a career season with Carr and got PAID so I doubt that. D-Jax is washed but he said he chose the raiders because he saw what Carr did with Nelly.

I get ****ting on Carr, I really do, but outside of Detroit or maybe the Jaguars (and they have Jones, Shanault & Agnew who are all more explosive than any of our young WRs), no team has worse weapons.

This guy lost his #1 WR & Offensive gameplan designer. You can’t think he’d excel in this situation. I don’t think any quarterback would be playing well with the raiders current situation.

It’s not 8 years of watching Carr. It’s 20+ years of watching raiders football and realizing it’s an impossible situation.

Other than the Lions, no organization is more inept or in perpetual purgatory like the raiders.

This just made me mad all over again. What the **** was he thinking???

Last edited:
yeah that was wild. that's another thing with this team, everything's a grind.
should be an easy scoring play to grab momentum, offense gets it and can't do anything.
why not bring in Mariota for red zone plays?

at this point with Carr he's too much of a figure in the organization, any meaningful change like GM/Coach is low key gonna be undermined by the face of the franchise.

timing would be good too just get a clean sweep after all the headlines this season.

Agholor had a career season with Carr and got PAID so I doubt that. D-Jax is washed but he said he chose the raiders because he saw what Carr did with Nelly.

I get ****ting on Carr, I really do, but outside of Detroit or maybe the Jaguars (and they have Jones, Shanault & Agnew who are all more explosive than any of our young WRs), no team has worse weapons.

This guy lost his #1 WR & Offensive gameplan designer. You can’t think he’d excel in this situation. I don’t think any quarterback would be playing well with the raiders current situation.

while i agree that this season has been a disaster off the field, its just another excuse for Derek. last season and in seasons past it was the defense, then no WR to throw it to, then coaching changes, then coordinator changes, then Gruden's emails, then the Ruggs situation. the list of excuses goes on. every team faces adversity. there is no such thing as a perfect situation. i wouldn't be as hard on Carr, if the list of excuses didnt severely outweigh his accomplishments.

he still has the 2nd best TE in the league and Renfrow who is probably one of the best slot WRs and route runners. Ruggs wasn't a guy getting 10 targets a game. he only had 24 catches on the season on 36 targets. ****, Waller was targeted almost 20 times in one game. no way that all of a sudden every team we play has all pro CBs and no one is getting open.

Carr panics. he doesn't want to challenge the DBs so he checks it down if his 1st or 2nd read isnt there. he doesnt allow the play to develop or try to extend plays. ffs, old *** Tom Brady has as many rushing yards as Derek. i'm not saying i expect Carr to be Lamar Jackson, but at least try. iirc, he had like a 4.70 40 time at the combine, so its not like he's slow. he just takes the sack or chucks it out of bounds. effort is everything. on the first drive after we got that fumble, he threw back to back passes behind the LOS, in the red zone. how shocking that we're bottom 5 in red zone efficiency, but yet the quarterback is "elite" and "mvp caliber".

it. is. time. to. move. on.

I'm just not eager to dump the QB when they've had only 2 worth a **** the last 3 decades :lol:

You trust the team to get someone as good or better?

As stated, they're basically the Lions now.

I would honestly go all in on Russell Wilson seems like he is gonna want out of Seattle after the season. Or try and snag Watson from the Texans. I just hope they get a good young coach.

I'm just not eager to dump the QB when they've had only 2 worth a **** the last 3 decades :lol:

You trust the team to get someone as good or better?

As stated, they're basically the Lions now.

let me ask you this. When you get a new car, is your old one still running? Most people upgrade their cars even though their old cars are just fine. People upgrade bc they want better. You can’t turn a minivan into an SUV. Right now we’re trying to go off roarding in a Sienna when we need to get a Tacoma.

let me ask you this. When you get a new car, is your old one still running? Most people upgrade their cars even though their old cars are just fine. People upgrade bc they want better. You can’t turn a minivan into an SUV. Right now we’re trying to go off roarding in a Sienna when we need to get a Tacoma.

Yeah when I buy a car I know what I’m getting though:lol:

Russell Wilson or Watson would do no better with this roster.

Wilson had Dk and Lockett in Seattle. Watson had Hopkins.

We have nothing except Waller :lol:
We have no running game (thanks Tom Cable and our **** oline).
We have the worst outside receivers in football except for maybe Detroit (Edwards and Jones is beyond pathetic…. Seriously we might as well go back to the days when Rod Streater was out #1 Wr :smh: )

anyone from the 2019 draft class gonna remain on the team?
- Cle Ferrel
- Josh Jacobs
- Jonathan Abrams

It’s not 8 years of watching Carr. It’s 20+ years of watching raiders football and realizing it’s an impossible situation.

Other than the Lions, no organization is more inept or in perpetual purgatory like the raiders.

This just made me mad all over again. What the **** was he thinking???

Freaking idiot cut back inside :rofl:

while i agree that this season has been a disaster off the field, its just another excuse for Derek. last season and in seasons past it was the defense, then no WR to throw it to, then coaching changes, then coordinator changes, then Gruden's emails, then the Ruggs situation. the list of excuses goes on. every team faces adversity. there is no such thing as a perfect situation. i wouldn't be as hard on Carr, if the list of excuses didnt severely outweigh his accomplishments.

he still has the 2nd best TE in the league and Renfrow who is probably one of the best slot WRs and route runners. Ruggs wasn't a guy getting 10 targets a game. he only had 24 catches on the season on 36 targets. ****, Waller was targeted almost 20 times in one game. no way that all of a sudden every team we play has all pro CBs and no one is getting open.

Carr panics. he doesn't want to challenge the DBs so he checks it down if his 1st or 2nd read isnt there. he doesnt allow the play to develop or try to extend plays. ffs, old *** Tom Brady has as many rushing yards as Derek. i'm not saying i expect Carr to be Lamar Jackson, but at least try. iirc, he had like a 4.70 40 time at the combine, so its not like he's slow. he just takes the sack or chucks it out of bounds. effort is everything. on the first drive after we got that fumble, he threw back to back passes behind the LOS, in the red zone. how shocking that we're bottom 5 in red zone efficiency, but yet the quarterback is "elite" and "mvp caliber".

it. is. time. to. move. on.

Are they not valid excuses though?
It was true that the Raiders had one of the worst defenses for years. I believe we were ranked dead last a few times during Carr's QB tenure.
It was true that the Raiders had no WR to throw to. When we finally DID have weapons in Cooper and Crabtree, they both had 1000 yard seasons and we even made the playoffs.
It was true that there was a revolving door of coaching/coordinator changes.

Having an excellent slot receiver and TE is great if you can open the field - we lost that when we lost Ruggs. With Ruggs gone there is nobody to worry the defense. Defenses can play closer to the sticks and shrink the offense for us.

Carr was leading the league in throws over 20+ yards just a couple weeks back. So where does this Carr doesn't challenge the DBs narrative come from? Team personnel just imploded man.

Russell Wilson or Watson would do no better with this roster.

Wilson had Dk and Lockett in Seattle. Watson had Hopkins.

We have nothing except Waller :lol:
We have no running game (thanks Tom Cable and our **** oline).
We have the worst outside receivers in football except for maybe Detroit (Edwards and Jones is beyond pathetic…. Seriously we might as well go back to the days when Rod Streater was out #1 Wr :smh: )

that is false. both would do better, bc the difference between them and Carr is that they are dynamic. idk how many games you go to, if any, but Carr does not let routes/plays develop. TV doenst show the whole field. Carr gets happy feet, bc he's scared to get hit. that back injury messed with his head. he will not take off for even 3-4 yards. he will throw it out of bounds, check down behind the LOS, or fall down.

other than Hop, who else was Watson throwing to? lets also not act like Russ has had DK his whole career. Carr, Watson, and Russ all had really 1 go to target: Waller, Hop, Lockett. Brady has won multiple super bowls in NE and only had 3 1000 yard receivers over that span.

run game? Jacobs had back to back 1000 yard seasons?

Edwards is top 10 in avg yac. the issue is that he's only been targeted 39 times. i agree that Zay isnt great, but he is also not getting thrown to when open. for example, on that one roll out where Carr actually tried to extend the play, he had Zay (in the end zone) and Waller open, but threw it out of bounds.

my point remains, there is no such thing as a perfect scenario. all of these excuses and no accountability.

Are they not valid excuses though?
It was true that the Raiders had one of the worst defenses for years. I believe we were ranked dead last a few times during Carr's QB tenure.
It was true that the Raiders had no WR to throw to. When we finally DID have weapons in Cooper and Crabtree, they both had 1000 yard seasons and we even made the playoffs.
It was true that there was a revolving door of coaching/coordinator changes.

Having an excellent slot receiver and TE is great if you can open the field - we lost that when we lost Ruggs. With Ruggs gone there is nobody to worry the defense. Defenses can play closer to the sticks and shrink the offense for us.

Carr was leading the league in throws over 20+ yards just a couple weeks back. So where does this Carr doesn't challenge the DBs narrative come from? Team personnel just imploded man.

8 years of the same revolving excuses. the results remain the same, not winning. the common denominator is Carr. you mean not one of these coaches can make it with Carr? when is the fault going to finally fall on him? if you'd rather bang the table to have Derek Carr as the qb, while we still are NOT WINNING, idk what to tell you, except that you might be a player fan and not a team fan. \

true, Derek was balling out in the beginning of the season. i thought he was finally going to prove me wrong. however, for the 3rd year in a row, his play declines at the midway point. it is now an annual occurrence. this isnt some fluke. it keeps happening.

let me ask you this...the Chargers rode with Rivers for 15 years. they made the playoffs a total of 7 times during his tenure there, and the farthest they made it was the conference championship way back in the mid 2000s. as of today, Carr has been with us for 8 years and we made the playoffs once. do you really want to give Carr another 7 years with the same outcome, or should we try something new? mind you, the Chiefs made the playoffs 4/5 seasons that Smith was there, but said eff it we can do better and drafted Mahomes. yall not willing to take a chance and do the same, or are you guys cool with Derek Cousins?

also, just seen on twitter that Waller and Carr are not on speaking terms bc Waller is fed up. whether that's true or not, idk. however, i did hear some rumblings about that after the game sunday. wouldnt also surprise me, considering how it ended with Crab, Coop, and Agholor.

also, just seen on twitter that Waller and Carr are not on speaking terms bc Waller is fed up. whether that's true or not, idk. however, i did hear some rumblings about that after the game sunday. wouldnt also surprise me, considering how it ended with Crab, Coop, and Agholor.

If Waller and Carr aren't speaking then that's a huge WTF.
But I know Twitter people like to stir up BS for clout.

If Waller and Carr aren't speaking then that's a huge WTF.
But I know Twitter people like to stir up BS for clout.

100% agree. if it is true, then you have to honestly re-consider what i've said about what has been going on with our receivers since Carr has been here.

let me make this clear. i want Carr to succeed, bc he is a Raider. if he plays well, then we have a better shot at winning. my issue is that he is just not consistent enough to get it done, and a lot of the fan base only sees what they want to see. its not only the plays that he makes that's important. its the amount of missed opportunities that can swing games. again, we could easily be 7-3 or 8-2 had Carr played better. the defense was there, the offense was not.

8 years and no winning. hell, we haven't been **** in decades. sick of it.

100% agree. if it is true, then you have to honestly re-consider what i've said about what has been going on with our receivers since Carr has been here.

let me make this clear. i want Carr to succeed, bc he is a Raider. if he plays well, then we have a better shot at winning. my issue is that he is just not consistent enough to get it done, and a lot of the fan base only sees what they want to see. its not only the plays that he makes that's important. its the amount of missed opportunities that can swing games. again, we could easily be 7-3 or 8-2 had Carr played better. the defense was there, the offense was not.

8 years and no winning. hell, we haven't been **** in decades. sick of it.

Ok, but looking at the QB landscape right now, who could the Raiders have realistically gotten prior to renewing Carr's contract that would've put them over the hump?

Ok, but looking at the QB landscape right now, who could the Raiders have realistically gotten prior to renewing Carr's contract that would've put them over the hump?

considering how many draft picks we had in 2020, we should've made a move for Jalen Hurts. let him sit for a year or two, and see how Carr plays out the rest of his current deal. if Carr showed us he is who the fan base thinks he is and can take us to the playoffs, cool. move Jalen to the highest bidder. if not, Jalen becomes the starter and we let Carr walk. thats what SF is doing with Lance and Garoppolo.

not saying that Jalen is the better player yet, but it would've given us an option. right now we're stuck. Carr's deal expires i think after next season and this QB class is weak. Mariota's deal is over after this season. for that same reason, i think we should let Mariota start and see what he can bring to the table. who knows, he might spark the offense and we might be able to do something. the AFC is still up for grabs. we won't know until we try. for all we know, Mariota might earn himself another contract with us and outshines Carr.

we just cant keep trying to do the same thing and expect it to all of a sudden change. we need to shake it up or we're always going to be mid to bottom tier.

that's why I'm always skeptical when people say things like we don't have Ruggs to open up the field considering this was also a problem last season as well.

Back
Top Bottom