2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

White Sox & Jerry Reinsdorf rehiring Tony La Russa reminds me of '90s WCW when that piece of 💩 promotion used to take on WWF rejects and even rehash their previous feuds or matches that already transpired in WWF years ago.

It looks like this offseason should favor the Dodgers logically regarding free agency because a lot of decent names are on the market and should come cheap which somewhat plays into the way Andrew Friedman operates by being cheap.

There's a good market with pitchers particularly which Dodgers still need to really fortify their championship repeat bid. Their weakness has been backend starting and relief pitching for years now. Yes I'm happy they finally won, but that bullpen has been problematic.

If Dodgers can get Brad Hand cheap, they need to take him and make him the primary closer because Kenley Jansen hasn't been viable after 2017 season. I think there's also decent middle relief help that can be acquired cheap too.

Masahiro Tanaka would be a good no. 4 starter Dodgers could add to go along with projected starters Walker Buehler, Clayton Kershaw, and David Price if he comes cheap. Tanaka with Dodgers in 2021 would be an awesome full circle because they failed to get him from Japan in 2014 when Yankees outbid them.
We coming for the repeat!

Supposedly Springer is vexed 'Stros didn't find a long-term deal earlier and wants to leave Houston. He finna get the bag in a thin FA OF market.

It seems like more and more good or decent names keep becoming free daily this offseason.

I just hope Dodgers & Andrew Friedman don't remain stagnant by not acquiring some good cheap labor for the 2021 season. They can get some good veterans cheap, particularly with a surplus of starting and relief pitchers out there now.

I would definitely like for the Dodgers to get Trevor Bauer because they need another dominant right-handed starting pitcher to fortify that rotation for a repeat bid. But I don't think it's realistic because he won't come cheap. They already have money tied up in cornerstones like Clayton Kershaw & Mookie Betts. And they'll have to pay their younger stars within the next few years too.

Mets ready to spend.

I think they go after Springer and Bauer. Maybe go after that catcher too in Philly.

YANKEES NEED TO GO GET HAND AND MORTON NOW!!!!

Fundamentals

Screenshot_20201101-102410_Instagram.jpg

Gold Glove winners.

AL
First base: Evan White, Seattle Mariners (1st)
Second base: César Hernández, Cleveland Indians (1st)
Third base: Isiah Kiner-Falefa, Texas Rangers (1st)
Shortstop: J.P. Crawford, Seattle Mariners (1st)
Left field: Alex Gordon, Kansas City Royals (8th)
Center field: Luis Robert, Chicago White Sox (1st)
Right field: Joey Gallo, Texas Rangers (1st)
Catcher: Roberto Perez, Cleveland Indians (2nd)
Pitcher: Griffin Canning, Los Angeles Angels (1st)

NL
First base: Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs (4th)
Second base: Kolten Wong, St. Louis Cardinals (2nd)
Third base: Nolan Arenado, Colorado Rockies (8th)
Shortstop: Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs (1st)
Left field: Tyler O'Neill, St. Louis Cardinals (1st)
Center field: Trent Grisham, San Diego Padres (1st)
Right field: Mookie Betts, Los Angeles Dodgers (5th)
Catcher: Tucker Barnhart, Cincinnati Reds (2nd)
Pitcher: Max Fried, Atlanta Braves (1st)

Carlos Correa robbed!!

Sounds like Jackie Bradley probably gonna sign with Houston. Great dude, elite fielder, can't hit for sh*t.

Start to his 2016 and 2018 postseason were most memorable.

Springer def not going back to Houston. They're going to lose three outfielders at least.

Yea one is cutting ties completely with an individual.

Temporarily, probably for optics and to get out ahead of the suspension.

They even phrased it as "mutual."

Back
Top Bottom