2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

That line for the team stores is ridiculous. I ordered all my stuff online, forget waiting in those lines. Good luck to you guys if you do.

Basically how I'm feeling this month with Lakers winning their 17th title, then Dodgers winning 2020 WS this week.
Homer.gif

The White Sox rehiring Tony La Russa isn't shocking because their owner is an absolute a#$ 🤡 who chose to be nostalgic.

Jerry Reinsdorf has always been an incompetent owner. He proved it when he had Michael Jordan with the Bulls by underpaying him during the apex of his storied career. He's lucky Rod Thorn drafted Jordan in 1984. Bulls were always a perpetual 💩 show before and after MJ. Reinsdorf is the luckiest stupid owner ever by having MJ and getting 6 titles out of it.

Also it wasn't just being around teammates but my guy was hugging folks and shaking hands, along with removal of mask at times. For the team photo I get it, he was likely around those guys long enough where the ship has sailed in regards to contact tracing. However, it's the families, media staff, and other folks that weren't in the dugout and clubhouse with him.

I love JT but he was wylin.
Respect for this post. One of the few Dodgers fans I've seen on any platform with some type of awareness. The reaction to his move is just a poor reflection of how society has tackled covid issues.

LaRussa to the White Sox is about to be a thorn in what could be a budding dynasty with all those young guns. That racist dweeb is about to run off TA and what good will the White Sox had building this past year if he stays stuck in his ways.

Funny thing is, when they released the news, they accidentally left AJ Hinch's signature on the press release instead of LaRussa's. Hinch was a far better and ideal move for them IMO.

1604007389441.png

Does LaRussa hinder Luis Robert's growth?

I'm really surprised he was even open to returning to managing a team.

That whole analytics botch in the World Series gonna get a lot of old timers their jobs back and the nerds fired :lol:
Nah.
That Regime is dead.
Don’t let the LaRussa hir, man I don’t even care to finish my statement.
I feel so bad for Whitesox players.
They deserve better.
FREE TIM ANDERSON

I'm posting this wool Dodgers Jackie Robinson jersey in the aftermath of Dodgers winning 2020 WS. I got this size 52 back in January after finally exchanging a size 48 I was sitting on since 2017 for it.
IMG_4574.JPG
IMG_4580.JPG

I'm also glad I had this Brooklyn Dodgers hat with the green under brim since 2008 for accuracy purposes since Cooperstown Collection hats like these are really hard to find now.
IMG_4576.JPG

Rays declining Charlie Morton. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yankees are idiot for not signing him last year. Bozos, need to see if he’s interested.

With so many teams being cheap this year, now is the time for the Yankees to get mad players for a reasonable price.

It looks like this offseason should favor the Dodgers logically regarding free agency because a lot of decent names are on the market and should come cheap which somewhat plays into the way Andrew Friedman operates by being cheap.

There's a good market with pitchers particularly which Dodgers still need to really fortify their championship repeat bid. Their weakness has been backend starting and relief pitching for years now. Yes I'm happy they finally won, but that bullpen has been problematic.

If Dodgers can get Brad Hand cheap, they need to take him and make him the primary closer because Kenley Jansen hasn't been viable after 2017 season. I think there's also decent middle relief help that can be acquired cheap too.

Masahiro Tanaka would be a good no. 4 starter Dodgers could add to go along with projected starters Walker Buehler, Clayton Kershaw, and David Price if he comes cheap. Tanaka with Dodgers in 2021 would be an awesome full circle because they failed to get him from Japan in 2014 when Yankees outbid them.

Hinch looks to be heading to Detroit. Longer term rebound but their arms in the system are silly right now. Won’t be long.
No lies told. Mize (#1 pick), Tarik (cutter) and Soto (DR) got some valuable big-league experience in the shortened season. Burrows got some limited innings in too. Then there's Wentz, Manning and Faedo in AA Erie.

Back
Top Bottom