2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I was able to upgrade to an empty 4th row seat in my favorite section on field level for 2017 NLDS Game 2 when Dodgers beat Diamondbacks to go up 2-0 in that Series before they swept them in Game 3 at Chase Field. I can't beat getting on field level when I was supposed to be on the ghetto reserve upper level. It's the first MLB playoff game I ever attended.

My section was segregated behind Magic Johnson to his left that day! He was in the bougie dugout club section obviously. I already got a good deal being able to move down, being seated behind Magic was a cool bonus. Magic Johnson for y'all.
IMG_9899.JPG
IMG_9901.JPG
IMG_9943.JPG
IMG_9992.JPG

WFAN has 3 or 4 women sports radio hosts , but no Latino or blacks

I listen to Joe and Evan, sounds like they’re forcing Joe to retire so they can bring in Carton.

I saw they were talking about pairing Carton with Willie Colon, I would have liked to see Willie Colon get a shot.

I liked when they had Bart Scott, didn’t like Maggie at all.

But would definitely like to see us get some shine on there

It's not a good look but I really don't see the big deal with Turner coming out to celebrate. He was just in the dugout with all of those dudes for 7 innings. Is he suddenly more contagious because his test results came back? :lol:

Phillies need to re-sign Realmuto ASAP.

Turner at the minimum gets suspended for half the season next year, entire season at most.

It's not a good look but I really don't see the big deal with Turner coming out to celebrate. He was just in the dugout with all of those dudes for 7 innings. Is he suddenly more contagious because his test results came back? :lol:

The big deal is he didn't know he was positive when he was around his teammates. The issue is KNOWINGLY putting people at risk AFTER testing positive.

How's that difficult to understand?

Smashing raw not a big issue. Finding out you're HIV+ and still smashing raw is.

Last edited:

there's really no defending justin turner
stupid and selfish to put himself out there and endanger everyone knowing he was positive

The big deal is he didn't know he was positive when he was around his teammates. The issue is KNOWINGLY putting people at risk AFTER testing positive.

Smashing raw not a big issue. Finding out you're HIV+ and still smashing raw is.
Also it wasn't just being around teammates but my guy was hugging folks and shaking hands, along with removal of mask at times. For the team photo I get it, he was likely around those guys long enough where the ship has sailed in regards to contact tracing. However, it's the families, media staff, and other folks that weren't in the dugout and clubhouse with him.

I love JT but he was wylin.

there's really no defending justin turner
stupid and selfish to put himself out there and endanger everyone knowing he was positive

:lol: at them conducting an " investigation"
whats there to investigate
turner basically told MLB security to **** off
anything coming out of " the commissioners office" at this point will be on some petty ish after turner ether'd him

Cleveland is a pathetic organization. Get Lindor out of there so he can prosper.

I thought all the National writers were jumping the gun saying this off-season was going to be bad - they’ll probably be right. Cheap *** owners :smh:

Cleveland is a pathetic organization. Get Lindor out of there so he can prosper.

I thought all the National writers were jumping the gun saying this off-season was going to be bad - they’ll probably be right. Cheap *** owners :smh:

Definitely could see a strike.

Yankees need to pay him. **** sign Lindor too.

They tested the day before and they knew it was positive but yet they started him. Day of the expedited the second test and when those came back positive again they pulled him 7th inning

all these FA gonna get screwed this year. Olney on Baseball Tonight podcast was openly wondering if the Cubs would pick up Rizzo's option. In any other year that would be obvious but now the question is 16 million for a franchise hero vs a 4 million for a slightly above replacement player is a real thing.

At least I don’t have to worry about the White Sox making that jump next year. He’s going to bench Anderson after the bat flip.
AJ Hinch would have been perfect for the white Sox. But oh well.

Back
Top Bottom