2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Again, it is the umpire’s discretion. If the umps feel he could of scored on that if it was in play, they can rule it as such. It’s not just a move the runner two bases because it’s a ground rule double rule. Diaz was running on the pitch and was stepping/rounding 3rd when the ball hit the field before it went over. He would have scored easily.

When two bases are awarded by either ground rules or the automatic rule, any baserunners ahead of the batter are entitled to advance two bases from their positions at the time of pitch. Only in the case of interference is the umpire vested with discretion to award more bases (see MLB rule 6.01)

even if the kid was on second base he only would’ve got to third base when it was all said and done. Hell, even if he was on third and nobody would’ve scored… Still

Passan actually have a better explanation. It comes down to possession. So because Renfroe misplayed it, Red Sox get rewarded. Lol
C8A6AA21-693E-40C1-8C56-6212C3C67449.png

even if the kid was on second base he only would’ve got to third base when it was all said and done. Hell, even if he was on third and nobody would’ve scored… Still
Are you saying if Diaz was on 2nd or 3rd instead of 1st he wouldn’t have scored?

This game has completely shifted since that play at home. Grienke ain’t it as a starter or from the pen.

Are you saying if Diaz was on 2nd or 3rd instead of 1st he wouldn’t have scored?

Bruh. Yes.

When two bases are awarded by either ground rules or the automatic rule, any baserunners ahead of the batter are entitled to advance two bases from their positions at the time of pitch. Only in the case of interference is the umpire vested with discretion to award more bases (see MLB rule 6.01)

Passan actually have a better explanation. It comes down to possession. So because Renfroe misplayed it, Red Sox get rewarded. Lol
C8A6AA21-693E-40C1-8C56-6212C3C67449.png

I’m saying it’s a ground rule double so it doesn’t matter how far he ran from first base to second base to third base he only gets to advance two bases

I thought you were saying if the runner was starting on 2nd or 3rd, instead of starting on 1st base before the pitch was thrown/ball hit
I’m saying it’s a ground rule double so it doesn’t matter how far he ran from first base to second base to third base he only gets to advance two bases

Yes, I know. From how I read what you wrote in that comment, it read the other way. That's why I asked.
I think It would be more savage, during one of those ground rule double plays or a lost ball plays, if all the runners get to run home.

He doesn’t like to run to first base for the out though😅
I thought they would have used Sale since he got knocked out of game 2 early, they had the day off for travel, and they’d be ready to move on from this series but, I got a little ahead of myself I guess.

Four games today for the last time this season. Let’s get some well played entertaining close games for the first 3, hopefully with some extra innings drama. Then end things with a beatdown of the visitors in the nightcap.

Back
Top Bottom