2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I have family in Montréal. I’ve been there a bunch. It’s dope.

The Québécois are different tho, obviously. Baseball didn’t take off there.

My uncle told me he used to get free Expos tickets from work and just go there to eat Hot Dogs and fall asleep 😭

But whether it’s Quebec or Toronto. I really like Canada. I’ve never been to Vancouver so we’re in the same predicament. I hear good things about them too.
I got family in Montreal and Toronto too. Never took to Montreal as much because my relatives were older West Indians, they didn't get out much :lol:

My older cousins moved to Toronto after growing up in Montreal and when I went out to visit them during Caribana it was a good time. Gotta renew the passport and visit again.

Where my Winnipeg people at? Jk but only Canadian city with a sports team in driving distance to me.

I got family in Montreal and Toronto too. Never took to Montreal as much because my relatives were older West Indians, they didn't get out much :lol:

My older cousins moved to Toronto after growing up in Montreal and when I went out to visit them during Caribana it was a good time. Gotta renew the passport and visit again.

Yea man lots immigrants moved to Montréal/Toronto like some of your fam and mine did.

Toronto I think is the most diverse cities in America. Immigrants have came from everywhere. You can find anything there.

It’s dope.

Where my Winnipeg people at? Jk but only Canadian city with a sports team in driving distance to me.

I been to the twin cities also. I like it.

Nice little city (cities) and great sports town.

Winnipeg tho? Yea I’m good :lol:

People on this thread thought moving him from SS to RF or CF was a bad idea before this season started :lol:

He's going to be in the running for a gold glove this season.

Damn, I didn’t know things were this bad in SD

It's funny seeing the hot takes on here from the Padres haters. Yeah that report came from a SDUT local columnist writer. Yeah the Padres also lost some revenue money with stupid Ballys not paying them their tv contract money. MLB has come out and said they will pay the Padres 80% back for money lost this season because of Bally's.

Also don't be surprised when come off season if Ohanti goes down the 5 freeway and not up north :lol:

lol welcome back to the thread. Try hanging around whenever the Pads don’t win. People weren’t criticizing the move of Tatis to the outfield because they didn’t think he could handle it or play it well, they criticized it because of his injury history.

Also, I’m not sure a tweet of a quote back almost two whole months ago helps that argument. Because the other tweet sites they are NOW facing those challenges. Weren’t going to face them at the beginning of the season. Also don’t know if stating that that guy is a local writer is supposed to be a slight or something. Usually those guys have a better ear to the ground on those situations. I still feel they can’t sign Ohtani and keep all those other contracts and resign Soto. Their owner doesn’t have Cohen money and was banking on the tv money that they’re not receiving all of. I’ll happily admit to being wrong if they somehow keep all of them and sign him.

But as always, I’ll expect to be called a hater (even though I like the team and a lot of their players) with this post or you’ll leave a laugh rep, instead of realizing that this is actual discussion. But you would have see these kind of discussions in new and improved Padre thread lol.

Oakland just won another Series.
Might sweep the Brewers.
That will be one hell of a wake up call if it happens.

People on this thread thought moving him from SS to RF or CF was a bad idea before this season started :lol:

He's going to be in the running for a gold glove this season.

Because he was actually trash when he wasn’t trying, there were folks taking about how he was disgruntled and didn’t want to play outfield initially when SD asked him to. Now that he’s putting an effort he’s really good, which shouldn’t be a surprise with the tools that he has.

Because he was actually trash when he wasn’t trying, there were folks taking about how he was disgruntled and didn’t want to play outfield initially when SD asked him to. Now that he’s putting an effort he’s really good, which shouldn’t be a surprise with the tools that he has.

He played like 20 games out there in 2021. People on here were saying they thought he would get injured out in the OF

Oakland just won another Series.

When they took two out of three against the Braves.

IMG_0611.gif

I would still like them to stay in Oakland, hopefully the plan moved to Vegas completely falls apart.

Ppl having concerns about Tatis, who has a pretty lengthy injury history and has only played over 100 games in a season once in his career, play a new, physically demanding position? Color me shocked.

Ppl having concerns about Tatis, who has a pretty lengthy injury history and has only played over 100 games in a season once in his career, play a new, physically demanding position? Color me shocked.
And no roids for quick bounce backs, he better take up Yoga and do some resistance training.

When they took two out of three against the Braves.

IMG_0611.gif

I would still like them to stay in Oakland, hopefully the plan moved to Vegas completely falls apart.
Bro, the old Dennis Eckersly Dave Johnson Clean Canseco McGuire, Ricky Henderson A’s along with a Beane and BillJames like had me pulling for them for
The longest to stay in OAKLAND, but I can’t defend them anymore. Send the team to Oklahoma for all I care, just get it out of the current Oakland. Return it in 20years when Oakland might be worthy of it

Back
Top Bottom