2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

That contract alone is ridiculous lol

See this is where I wholeheartedly disagree. This is the going rate for superstars.

The Nationals publicly stated they think it will cost $500M to resign Bryce.

What do you think Trout would get if he was a free agent? What will Machado get?
Look what Cano got.

I dont understand the logic in thinking this is some sort of ridiculously bad contract.

See this is where I wholeheartedly disagree. This is the going rate for superstars.

The Nationals publicly stated they think it will cost $500M to resign Bryce.

What do you think Trout would get if he was a free agent? What will Machado get?
Look what Cano got.

I dont understand the logic in thinking this is some sort of ridiculously bad contract.
Honestly, I think most of these dudes are overpaid for their performance, especially in a team sport

Just looking at the top 25 contracts on average, maybe like 5-6 of them are actually maybe reasonable given the length and average money per year?
Funny enough, Posey doesn't even crack the top 25 in contracts on average and is considered the best catcher in the league.
Now that's a pretty good deal the Giants got.

Honestly, I think most of these dudes are overpaid for their performance, especially in a team sport

Just looking at the top 25 contracts on average, maybe like 5-6 of them are actually maybe reasonable given the length and average money per year?
Funny enough, Posey doesn't even crack the top 25 in contracts on average and is considered the best catcher in the league.
Now that's a pretty good deal the Giants got.

He was barely im the top 25 last year I believe. But really when it comes down yo $1-2M a season, it really doesnt matter. But yes good deal.

I wont disagree that most of the players are overpaid. But thats an argument for another day. :lol:

I think in 2 years, people are going ro look at Stanton's contract as a bargain.

He was barely im the top 25 last year I believe. But really when it comes down yo $1-2M a season, it really doesnt matter. But yes good deal.

I wont disagree that most of the players are overpaid. But thats an argument for another day. :lol:

I think in 2 years, people are going ro look at Stanton's contract as a bargain.
i don’t even think the next 3 years should worry teams it’s those years after he turns 30 that might scare some teams.

Back
Top Bottom