2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Well, they aren't getting Harper or Machado now at least.

Unless Jeter buys the Nationals and Orioles too that is. Guess there's always that chance. :lol:

I find it very hard to believe that MLB won't at least look into this a lil bit. Jeter buys a team and trades the MVP to the Yankees. :lol:

I find it very hard to believe that MLB won't at least look into this a lil bit. Jeter buys a team and trades the MVP to the Yankees. :lol:

You're better than this :lol:

Stanton already said no to 26 of the 30 teams. The Astros & Cubs were never really in on him so that leaves two teams. The Dodgers offer was not good & they're already in luxury tax hell.

So that leaves one team :smile:

Castro and some D-level prospects is all it took
tenor.gif

Doubt FO even offered anything if that pu pu platter is all it took

Timeline:

2014: NYY signs Brendan Ryan
2015: NYY trades Brendan Ryan & Warren for Starlin Castro
2016: NYY gets Warren back as deadline deal throw-in; Sanchez emerges, NYY gets Jorge Guzman as part of McCann contract dump
2017: NYY trades Castro & Guzman for GIANCARLO STANTON

Castro and some D-level prospects is all it took
tenor.gif

Doubt FO even offered anything if that pu pu platter is all it took
Well the rumor was that we offered AGon, Kazmir, and McCarthy.
About the same....but you know, Jeter is a yankee great owning the Marlins

So guess who wins lol

Well the rumor was that we offered AGon, Kazmir, and McCarthy.
About the same....but you know, Jeter is a yankee great owning the Marlins

So guess who wins lol
Who wants A gon at this point ? That offer was garbage. Too cheap

Who wants A gon at this point ? That offer was garbage. Too cheap
Yankees only offered Castro and two relatively unknown prospects
We literally offered two legit major leaguers and a washed starter
It’s about the same in terms of value

You're better than this :lol:

Stanton already said no to 26 of the 30 teams. The Astros & Cubs were never really in on him so that leaves two teams. The Dodgers offer was not good & they're already in luxury tax hell.

So that leaves one team :smile:

I'm perfectly fine with Stanton no trade clause.

Jeter by no means needs to accept Starlin + 2 nothing prospects.

If that's all it took, you don't think the other 3 Stanton approved would have offered that? :lol:

Rumor was McCarthy, AGon, and Kazmir.
I assume Miami would have to take at least 25-50% of Giancarlo’s contract though, which I think def Jeter and group would not like to do .

Um yeah that is no where close to as good as an offer as the one Miami took bro. Come on. They wanted to dump salary not take on a ton of salary from garbage players.

You are better than this Eddie. :lol:

Um yeah that is no where close to as good as an offer as the one Miami took bro. Come on. They wanted to dump salary not take on a ton of salary from garbage players.

I just conceded the money part of the deal that the Dodgers offered was bad....

Huh? Castro is owed 22 mil through 2019. Team option 2020. Dodgers contracts are 50 million cleared after next season. Gonzo has a NTC so doubt he even accepts. Thats still 28 million cleared after next season. Nowhere close? Cmon bro :lol:

Huh? Castro is owed 22 mil through 2019. Team option 2020. Dodgers contracts are 50 million cleared after next season. Gonzo has a NTC so doubt he even accepts. Thats still 28 million cleared after next season. Nowhere close? Cmon bro :lol:

Wait, are you seriously implying that when trying to shed salary, taking on $50M accomplishes that goal more than taking on $22M simply because the substantially larger amount clears after 1 year as opposed to 2?

:lol:

Wait, are you seriously implying that when trying to shed salary, taking on $50M accomplishes that goal more than taking on $22M simply because the substantially larger amount clears after 1 year as opposed to 2?

Are you seriously implying a bag of **** is nowhere close as a bowl of ****?

Stanton would have gotten this contract on the open market, don't see the big issue about taking on that deal. Amazing deal for the Yanks.

Back
Top Bottom