2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Le Batard is awesome.

I'm surprised Manfred agreed to go on his show. Commissioners usually only agree to a show like Mike & Mike :lol:

I am shocked that Arroyo was traded. I think Bobby Evans is officially certified trash.

So 3B for SF is now:

Longoria
Sandoval

I'm sick.

I actually dont hate the trade. Since the front office refuses to do what I would do (trade EVERYONE), at least they are trying to bring in help.

As much as we all know Longoria's best days are behind him, he is still exponentially better than our other options.

And I may not have stated it in here, but I see Arroyo's ceiling as a role player. Always thought that.

Cubs reportedly offered Russell, Montgomery, and Almora Jr. for Machado...

O's want more back.

I'm tellin' you right now...O's front office is going to mess around, keep Machado on the roster, and end up with nothing.

No one could possibly have a more moronic offseason than the Marlins...

O's are like, hold my beer.

Le Batard is awesome.

I'm surprised Manfred agreed to go on his show. Commissioners usually only agree to a show like Mike & Mike :lol:
This.

I appreciate Le Batard going after the commish a little bit, and some of it was uncomfortable. But honestly the reason this is even a talker is god forbid a national radio show actually asks a commissioner minor critical questions. It shows where we are at with the bigger national media and how everything is hand holding or a promo tool to sell us more Subway and Progressive Insurance.

Manfred and MLB made a joke with this Marlins sale to this particular group and now thankfully they are being taken to task a bit.

Cubs reportedly offered Russell, Montgomery, and Almora Jr. for Machado...

O's want more back.

I'm tellin' you right now...O's front office is going to mess around, keep Machado on the roster, and end up with nothing.

No one could possibly have a more moronic offseason than the Marlins...

O's are like, hold my beer.

I don't buy we made that offer, not without asking for more than Machado.

4 years of Russell at low cost. 5 years of Almora at low cost. 4 years of Monty at low cost.

For ONE season of Manny at 17 million?

I find that hard to believe. Not saying it's impossible, but I find it hard to believe is all.

Unless Theo is positive he has Harp in the bag, and wants to see if he can convince Manny to stay too. :lol:

I don't buy we made that offer, not without asking for more than Machado.

4 years of Russell at low cost. 5 years of Almora at low cost. 4 years of Monty at low cost.

For ONE season of Manny at 17 million?

I find that hard to believe. Not saying it's impossible, but I find it hard to believe is all.

Unless Theo is positive he has Harp in the bag, and wants to see if he can convince Manny to stay too. :lol:

I’ve heard that the Cubs’ discussions with the Orioles included shortstop Addison Russell, center fielder Albert Almora Jr. and left-hander Mike Montgomery. The Orioles aren’t going to come away from a trade with the only pitcher being Montgomery, though they’d gladly take him as a needed southpaw.

Revisiting the latest on Machado and Britton

*edit*

Last edited:
Yeah, I need more than "I heard" from someone named Roch buttafuko or whatever his name was. I don't buy that offer in the least. If Manny was locked up a couple more years, then yeah, we could throw in a Triple A arm (like Alzolay) and maybe we'd have something, but not for a single year, and we give up 13 seasons of cheap controllable talent.

And BALTIMORE says no to that. :lol:

FWIW, Roch is pretty much the mouthpiece for DD in the local media...so, yea...he's legit.

Also, CP, I think you're severely underestimating the ineptitude of the Orioles front office. Everything goes through Angelos. He's notorious for not making sound baseball decisions. I 100000% believe that the O's turned it down.

Yonder Alonso signs a 2 year deal with Cleveland.

Not a bad pickup after losing Santana.

2017 stats....

BA: .266 to .259 in favor of Alonso
HR: 28 to 23 in favor of Alonso
RBI: 79 to 67 in favor of Santana
OBP: .365 to .363 in favor of Alonso
SLG: .501 to .455 in favor of Alonso
OPS+: 133 to 112 in favor of Alonso
WAR: 3.4 to 2.0 in favor of Santana

I would agree that Santana is a better player than Alonso. I just wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that he is $12M a season better. Their salaries swings value back to Alonso by a mile IMO.

Alonso can't hit lefties & his power last year was a fluke compared to the rest of his career.

I personally think Santana is worth the $12M more per year.

Don't love Cole but if we could get him without giving up Torres, Florial, Andujar, or Sheffield I'm with it

wow if Cash pulls this off and gets the Giants to take Ellsbury :wow:

The Weasel is not ******* around this holiday season :lol: :smokin

brian-cashman.jpg

From what I heard, Pirates want Gleyber. Yankees want to deal Frazier for Cole

Back
Top Bottom