2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Timeout. Jeter didn't know Giancarlo had a NTC? :lol:

And wait. Doesn't Hoskins play 1B? What happens to him now? Was planning on holding him in my keeper league.

No, he knew. He was just trying to convince Stanton to expand his list of teams so he could get a better return.

Once the list of Stanton's preferred teams went public it was a wrap on Jeter getting a decent return.

And wait. Doesn't Hoskins play 1B? What happens to him now? Was planning on holding him in my keeper league.

Jete.gif

Per Rosenthal: Dodgers get Matt Kemp from Braves for Adrian Gonzalez, Scott Kazmir, Brandon McCarthy, Charlie Culberson and $.

Forgot Kemp was a former Dodger :lol: Braves are so silly for taking on all those guys tho.

LF. Phils building a solid future OF with Hoskins-Herrera-Nick Williams, all under the age of 26. It remains to be seen if Philly properly recouped for Hamels, by way of Williams and Alfaro. Everyone is quite clearly high on Alfaro's bat, but he has severe defensive deficiencies behind the plate. Regardless, decent core moving forward with Franco, Crawford and Nola. I'm keeping a close eye on Sixto Sanchez. His FB can touch 97 on the radar gun and the kid throws strikes. If the curve continues to develop into a plus-pitch, sky is the limit for Sanchez.

Alex Anthopolos playing double agent with the assist...
It's a win-win situation for both clubs. Friedman gets LAD under the luxury tax threshold and ATL unblocks Acuna by trading Matty. Acuna's rapid progression through the ranks has been a pleasure to witness. Speed and arm are both there, and he hasn't even fully tapped into his power yet. Scary. McCarthy, Kazmir and A-Gone all come off the books in 2018, and McCarthy might actually make the back-end of the Braves' rotation to help replace Dickey/Colon. A-Gone also benefits by signing wherever he wants, with whatever remains in the tank at the age of 35.

I smell something brewing in Friedman's mind. Dodgers were the least bit aggressive pursuing Stanton, and it has to be said that top priority in L.A. is ensuring Kershaw doesn't opt out and leave after 2018, then potentially pursuing a huge name like Harp or Manny.

Carlos Santana to a 3 year $60 million deal

no idea what the Phillies are doing right now
I actually like the deal. You need a veteran presence in the clubhouse to help mentor the young guys, like Crawford and Franco. Santana's contract expires before he hits the age of 35. Turned himself into a great defensive 1B. Reliable and consistent run-producer offensively. There's a vision in Philly, you can see it with the recent moves. Trading Galvis unblocks Crawford. Santana sets the table for the power bats like Hoskins to drive in runs.

Completely snubbed Altherr by accident in my other Phils post further up. He's blooming late, but I believe under team control until 2022.

Per Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe:

"You hear a lot of stuff at the Winter Meetings. Here's one rumor told to me by a longtime, major force in the baseball world. It involves the Yankees and Giancarlo Stanton. The story goes that after 2018, the Yankees deal Stanton to the Dodgers and sign Bryce Harper. Your first reaction is, "Wow! Never happen." Then you start to think about it. Stanton is an LA kid. The Dodgers didn't have great interest in Stanton this offseason, but perhaps by the end of next year? The Yankees have always coveted Harper and his lefthanded stroke at Yankee Stadium. It starts to make more sense, doesn't it?"

I'm skeptical of this because they can keep Giancarlo AND sign Harper so...

What could the Dodgers give up that the Yankees would want? Or is this like a salary dump for Harper...?

Not sure Yankees would do that.

Nor do I think Stanton says, yeah let me go to LA when the Yankees would be about to add another MVP candidate in their lineup with Harper. Regardless of being an LA kid or not.

If anything, if there was substance to it. It would be to clear $$$ for Harper and Machado. But that’s a really risky game.

Don't think Stanton will be trade bait like that. I think the Yankees will pass on Bryce TBH.

Back
Top Bottom