2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Calm down.

I am calm. It’s true though. Getting on base matters. Defense matters. Baserunning matters. Khris Davis and his .330 OBP doesn’t belong in an MVP convo. Not when Mookie’s and Trout’s OBPs are over 100 points higher, and they provide value in the field and on the basepaths. Khris Davis isn’t even top 30 in the AL in WAR. You literally have to click over to the second page to find his name. He just isn’t close to those other two.

No, I would say big mac would say the same! McGwire use to punish the ball, his swing was nice, but some of the hits I seen dude make it look like he was just dropping the bat on the ball.

Last edited:
I hope KD gets at least 1 MVP vote. Betts or Trout will def win it.

Also I hope deGrom wins NL CY Young
Yeah, he's pretty clutch but batting 250 playing Dh makes it far fetched to be mvps. If Chapman or laureano can have a complete season of what they did after the break or when he got called up, I'd say they'd be in the running over him. Chapman's made trading Josh Donaldson look genius. Even after he got the mvp. But alas, as a life long a's fan, the constant turn over rate is always in the back of the mind. Theres about 6 to 7 dudes who will get awesome offers elsewhere. Bonafide all star potential. Hopefully the front office is serious about keeping a "core".

Last edited:
He’s a ****ing bum who is going to cost you the wild card game.
I'm hoping Melvin doesn't throw this dude in thinking he's going to do anything, from all I've seen from him over the years is he gives dudes way to many opportunities when they flat out dont got it.

Next year’s free agent class is trash aside from machado. MLB needs to sue away with the six years of service time and lower it to four. Get free agents on the market earlier so they can earn more money because nobody is giving out 7 year deals to 33 year olds anymore.

E85578D1-09C2-4BAA-ADCD-441FBA523F26.jpeg

Next year’s free agent class is trash aside from machado. MLB needs to sue away with the six years of service time and lower it to four. Get free agents on the market earlier so they can earn more money because nobody is giving out 7 year deals to 33 year olds anymore.
It’s a business. Owners are trying to Keep things as cheap as possible.

As a lifelong oakland fan, yes.
It’s shouldn’t have to be THAT cheap tho. That’s just a disgrace to the fans

But too many teams getting burned giving guys 5+ years deals. That’s gonna be rare now. I’m surious to see what Harper is going to get

It’s shouldn’t have to be THAT cheap tho. That’s just a disgrace to the fans

But too many teams getting burned giving guys 5+ years deals. That’s gonna be rare now. I’m surious to see what Harper is going to get
Thats why I say an a's fan is truly a diehard baseball fan. The game itself is the only positive consistency we've had.

Harper is a generational talent, him and trout, those dudes are getting whatever they want, and teams are going to try and have them retire in their jerseys. Except the nats, qpparently.

Back
Top Bottom