2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Harper is a generational talent, him and trout, those dudes are getting whatever they want, and teams are going to try and have them retire in their jerseys. Except the nats, qpparently.
Generational players don’t bat .240
He’s good, but I don’t think he’s a god as everybody makes him out to be
Trout on the other hand, dude is legit. Too bad his career is gonna rot in Anaheim

Yeah, I was thinking that. Dudes effort is gonna be a huge question and the overall narrative for him for the rest of his career. And couple that with how baseball is become a sport of role players instead of superstars, who knows what he'll see. But there are a lot of stupid front offices out there.

F4F20604-145A-4D9D-966F-F525B778A2C6.jpeg

Harper is a generational talent, him and trout, those dudes are getting whatever they want, and teams are going to try and have them retire in their jerseys. Except the nats, qpparently.
The Nats will make him an offer they think is fair, and he won’t take it.

I still think Bryce is a great player, but won’t necessarily be heartbroken if he leaves. This team needs a restart...Zimmerman is the last piece that needs to go.

I dont think it'd be any different, roster wise. He's worked not only with the dollar amount he has, but he's got a formula for his teams. He's just hit on some low risk, high reward dudes, and that to me is where he's excelled. Well, him and the scouts. Imagine if we kept the core of those 2012 to 2014 teams, where we would be today. Turnover is necessary, but to constantly churn out these kinds of teams is really special. When it's good, it's awesome because the circumstances of the ownership not allowing him to be buyers to a certain extent. And when it's bad, its expected for them to be. I actually think in a big market, he wouldn't be as successful because the cushion of having a cheap front office wouldn't be there. His techniques would almost lose their charm, their flair.

Isn't yankee stadium known as a hitters park? That might be why it was said, both teams have sluggers. I honestly think it will come down to nerves and health. The a's are averaging more Homer's on the road, too. Doh!

Last edited:
It is amazing what Billie Bean does.

How do y'all think he would fair with a big market team?

I don't know much about A's front office, but isn't David Forst their general manager? Giants are interested in him

No doubt that Beane is in full control

I think this year was his second year, beans got a promotion to vice president and minority owner in 2015 or 2016. But yeah, beane is the dude.

Tanaka would be my Choice for the WC game followed by Happ.

The reason I would say A's crush Yanks in Yank stadium is as migu420 migu420 said, a Hitters park.........and Home team or not, I like A's in that Park 2 to 1.

Tanaka would be my Choice for the WC game followed by Happ.

The reason I would say A's crush Yanks in Yank stadium is as migu420 migu420 said, a Hitters park.........and Home team or not, I like A's in that Park 2 to 1.

Yankees lineup is better plus they play there 81 times a year.

Back
Top Bottom