2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer
i

Sunday is expected to be Mike Scioscia's final game as the Angels' manager, but he doesn't want any attention or recognition whatsoever. The Angels, who haven't announced anything, are doing their best under awkward circumstances. They gave out a bobblehead in his honor today and have played two video montages on the big screen.

Three American League teams won 100 games this season.

The Marlins traded the 2017 and 2018 MVPs in the same offseason.

Chris Davis made $291,139 per base hit this season. Possibly the worst season in Major League history.

The SP with the best ERA in the league (deGrom 1.70) and the SP with the worst ERA in the league (Giolito 6.13) had the exact same number of wins (10).

Shohei Ohtani looked like he couldnt hit a beachball in Spring Training and then ends up hitting 22 bombs and finish 6th in baseball in OPS.

The Yankees broke the all time record for team homeruns. There have been more walkoff homeruns in 2018 than any other season in MLB history. Dingers everywhere.

Going into the last day of the season, we have two divisions in the NL that are dead even. And could finish that way. Tiebreaker games in baseball > having tiebreakers in every other sport

2018. I love baseball.

So if Cubs/Brewers are still tied after tomorrow...

The loser of that NL central tiebreaker will remain the 2nd best team in the NL
then play in the wild card game
on no day's rest

:wow::sick:

also same with NL west is that's a monday tiebreaker

Yelich is the ******* man. This run he has been on :pimp: happy he got out of a black hole in Miami.

3 100-win teams in AL
5 90-win teams each in AL and NL

Mariners and Rays have 89 wins each
Cardinals have 88 wins

:sick:

It was a good run Scioscia thanks for everything.

Looking like Chavez will be the next guy from everything I’ve heard.

Dodgers/Rockies
Cubs/Brewers

in one game playoffs to determine the division winners tomorrow

Losers of that match will play in the WC game on Tuesday

Back
Top Bottom