2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Dodgers/Rockies
Cubs/Brewers

in one game playoffs to determine the division winners tomorrow

Losers of that match will play in the WC game on Tuesday
This doesn't sit well with me at all.
It makes me really really salty that the WC game isn't a Series.

I feel robbed, a bit.

EDIT_--NOW I'M REALLY CONFUSED!
I had figured, "Okay so there are two games to determine the Division winner so that means the split the Regular Season games, hmmm how crazy that two teams did this"

So...I go and look and Cubs won the Season 5-2 vs Mil and LAD won 12-7 vs Colorado...............AND THEY HAVE A 1 GAME PLAYOFF???????????

hELL NO!
LAD AND CUBS SHOULD BE DIVISION CHAMPS, FRICK A 1 GAME PLAYOFF, SO TRASH!

Last edited:
This doesn't sit well with me at all.
It makes me really really salty that the WC game isn't a Series.

I feel robbed, a bit.

EDIT_--NOW I'M REALLY CONFUSED!
I had figured, "Okay so there are two games to determine the Division winner so that means the split the Regular Season games, hmmm how crazy that two teams did this"

So...I go and look and Cubs won the Season 5-2 vs Mil and LAD won 12-7 vs Colorado...............AND THEY HAVE A 1 GAME PLAYOFF???????????

hELL NO!
LAD AND CUBS SHOULD BE DIVISION CHAMPS, FRICK A 1 GAME PLAYOFF, SO TRASH!

yeah...the h-2-h record only will determine the homefield tomorrow

Chicago game at 12 PM local and Dodgers game at 1 PM local

I bet that Dodger game will be at 75% capacity at best...

I'm not with you at all on this one, a-friend a-friend ....I think tomorrow is what makes baseball amazing. No weak tiebreakers to determine champions. PLAY FOR IT.

Cant wait for tomorrow.
I feel you, but these guys just played 180 games, and the Series weren't close at all during the Season, here...it's clear to me who deserves it......1 game shouldn't deterrmine that.

The cool part for me is I’m actually pulling for Rox and for sure Brewers, so I’m glad they have the opportunity to take the Division in a one game playoff.

I’d love nothing more than LAD to be one of the 1st out. That Buehler/Marquez match is going to be so lit though!

The only reason I would be moderately cool with a tiebreaker determining the division champs is in this exact situation.....where even if you didnt win the tiebreaker, you are still a playoff team.

But because that cant be guaranteed, the rule is they need to play for it. And I love it.

The only reason I would be moderately cool with a tiebreaker determining the division champs is in this exact situation.....where even if you didnt win the tiebreaker, you are still a playoff team.

But because that cant be guaranteed, the rule is they need to play for it. And I love it.
Good point.

It’ll be fun tomorrow.

I’ll be at the Dodgers Rockies game.

Both should be good games, crazy how much of an advantage the winners will have though.

Can pretty much have their rotations ready to go as well as the home field in the NLDS while the losers gotta battle it out Tuesday and go into Thursday with less options.

This is insane. You play 162 to determine something like a division title. It’s equivalent to making the World Series a best out of 3 series. But I’m here for all of this :pimp:

work barely getting done today even tho im not a fan of either teams going today

should be getting home just around the 4th inn in the 2nd game

This is insane. You play 162 to determine something like a division title. It’s equivalent to making the World Series a best out of 3 series. But I’m here for all of this :pimp:

They have 162 games, a best of 5 series, and a best of 7 series to determine who makes the World Series

edit: read your post wrong :lol:

Back
Top Bottom