2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I mean Grienke is 35 with 2 years left on his contract with a team going nowhere. I'm sure the Diamondbacks had some strong desire to move on from that.

^

True

Forget that he's 35. For some reasons, I always thought he stays younger forever :lol:

Yeah didn't Greinke come out and say he had anxiety issues? Boston or New York would not be a good look for him.

Zona should have hung up the phone on Houston without a guarantee of Tucker or Whitley.

Cashman is an amazing gm but to not get a big time starter when you have a World Series contender, the hell man

It was no move to be made. It's annoying but it is what it is.

I'd be more mad if we traded Garcia for a middle of the rotation guy just cause we need a starter.

Yankees didn't want to give up Clint Frazier and Clarke Schmidt for Robbie Ray.

And they shouldn’t have.

Robbie Ray is a good starter. But assuming health, I’d slot him behind Tanaka, Sevy and Paxton in a playoff rotation. That’s not worth it. Especially if they think there’s a possibility of Clint being the every day LF next year and being MLB ready already

Greinke said multiple times no interest in NY

Blue Jays didn’t want to trade us Stroman

Mets didn’t want to trade with us

Bum wasn’t on the market

Nothing the Yankees could have done

Goodness.

1) JV
2) Cole
3) Greinke
4) Miley

Cole may be done after this year but getting someone with team control extends our window. Add in Lance and Forrest and the window stays open.

Most interesting thing will be what they do with Correa though. Bregman/Springer have shown they are more valuable then Correa without the GF/wife issues.

Back
Top Bottom