2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Bum was on the market. Absolutely was. And I am of the believe that "we wont trade with you" is trumped by a great deal 100 times out of 100. There is no such thing as wont trade with you.

Yeah, the Blue Jays would have traded him to us if we overpaid by a lot. We weren’t getting the same deal the Mets got.

I’m shocked Wheeler didn’t get traded unless they plan on trying to sign him in the offseason.

I don’t expect him getting there to change your opinion, I’m expecting you’ll find another stat that doesn’t suit you. :lol: Established scrub is categorically wrong, that’s all.

Kimbrel doing kimbrel things still i see

Glad to see he took it with him out of Boston, we got other ish to worry about :rolleyes

Trade rumor everyone was discussing at work reportedly included Andujar and Frazier for Wheeler, but the Mets allegedly are that hesitant to do business with the Yanks.

Discussed this with dland24 dland24 over text. Dubon is a future 2B. Good speed and contact hitter, but he's 25 already.

dland24 dland24 What's the scoop on Sam Dyson...seems pretty good.

Dyson has been exceptional for us the last 2 years. He has really good stuff. Doesnt strike our a ton of guys but a decent amount. Forces a lot of ground balls. Heavy sink at 92-94. Gets a lot of ground balls even with his slider. And he cleans up a lot of messes. Can step in and close if needed. I remember Posey commented after catching him in the WBC before he was a Giant that he had the nastiest stuff he has ever caught, and we all know how good SF arms have been in recent times.

If you take 2017 as a disastrous season outlier, Dyson has had ridiculous numbers every year since he broke into the league in 2014.

The era speaks for itself:

6.09 :sick:

Trade rumor everyone was discussing at work reportedly included Andujar and Frazier for Wheeler, but the Mets allegedly are that hesitant to do business with the Yanks.

Discussed this with dland24 dland24 over text. Dubon is a future 2B. Good speed and contact hitter, but he's 25 already.

Frazier and Andujar are defensive liabilities. The Mets don't need more of that.

Trading those two players for a rental that is coming off an injury is ****in nuts. No thanks, teams were trying to rob the Yankees and I’m happy we didn’t do give in.

IMG_20190801_081136.jpg

Real shame they couldn't win **** with that roster

Back
Top Bottom