2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

He’s upset his son got demoted for the owners son, which is ironic. Word on all the local talk radio this morning, is that this is more fallout from the Taubman ordeal. There’s supposedly more to come, especially due to some of the concerns over media relations throughout the course of the year.

It's because we're going to chase Grandal. We've been talkin about it for a few months.

plus him and Ross has some static during Ross tenure with the cubs. There’s a history there as well.

He’s sick with it now, he doesn’t want to be traded.

plus him and Ross has some static during Ross tenure with the cubs. There’s a history there as well.

He’s sick with it now, he doesn’t want to be traded.

It has nothin to do with Ross. Like I said, Cub fans been talkin about this since Aug-Sept.

If me miss on Grandal, maybe they hang tight with Willson.

Same idea in principle if we were able to sign Rendon, then you flip Bryant.

It has nothin to do with Ross. Like I said, Cub fans been talkin about this since Aug-Sept.

If me miss on Grandal, maybe they hang tight with Willson.

Same idea in principle if we were able to sign Rendon, then you flip Bryant.

I understand what you’re saying as a fan, but I’m telling you from first hand conversations I’ve had with Wilson. I know him. Very, very, very well. There’s history there with Ross, whether you want to believe it or not. He has already Been reached out to by a team in the AL East asking if he’d be interested playing for that org. He’s hoping they don’t trade him.

Cubs are huge on Miguel Amaya who is down in low ball now., he’s nowhere near ready but they see him as the Catcher of the future. They would consider Grandal, and a few other names I’ve heard that would be cheaper, but they’d also be comfortable with Caratini starting 4-5 games out the week

well see what happens. Talk around this team is that 2020 is a step back year and 2021 they jump back into that WS contender window.

I understand what you’re saying as a fan, but I’m telling you from first hand conversations I’ve had with Wilson. I know him. Very, very, very well. There’s history there with Ross, whether you want to believe it or not. He has already Been reached out to by a team in the AL East asking if he’d be interested playing for that org. He’s hoping they don’t trade him.

Cubs are huge on Miguel Amaya who is down in low ball now., he’s nowhere near ready but they see him as the Catcher of the future. They would consider Grandal, and a few other names I’ve heard that would be cheaper, but they’d also be comfortable with Caratini starting 4-5 games out the week

well see what happens. Talk around this team is that 2020 is a step back year and 2021 they jump back into that WS contender window.

Yep, no surprise about Amaya, we lookin forward to him, but Ross did not take this job to turn around and flip guys. They may not be best friends, but that's not a move Ross is looking to do off the bat. This been in a play for a while. Ross is never going to tell Theo what to do, Maddon couldn't even do that.

Yep, no surprise about Amaya, we lookin forward to him, but Ross did not take this job to turn around and flip guys. They may not be best friends, but that's not a move Ross is looking to do off the bat. This been in a play for a while. Ross is never going to tell Theo what to do, Maddon couldn't even do that.

Correct. It’s been in play since last year tbh when Wilson, Javy, KB all turned down contract extensions presented to them. They are each choosing to go year by year hoping to reach FA or see if cubs break the bank on em.

The ross move is just an additional factor added into it when it comes to Wilson in particular. But in order it would be: Wilson , KB then Javy as far as who would get moved first.

those guys turning deals down last year that the FO didn’t expect would turn down, is why they are where they are today.

Awards announcement now include next two days

C20617A1-1DA7-4D9C-A394-7FD218911657.jpeg

Writer for the Athletic voted for Soroka in what was essentially a PR stunt for the website. I have no issue with voting for someone else, but putting the reasoning behind a paywall is a joke. He doesn't even cover the Braves.

Writer for the Athletic voted for Soroka in what was essentially a PR stunt for the website. I have no issue with voting for someone else, but putting the reasoning behind a paywall is a joke. He doesn't even cover the Braves.

I hate John Maffei & Andrew Baggarly

Back
Top Bottom