2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I'm not going to ask if you're new to sports because I know that you're definitely not, but there literally hasn't been anyone who has played in our lifetime and doesn't have haters/critics/naysayers whatever.

I agree he doesn't have MANY of them, but they all have them.

-foe
I can say Tony Gwynn is one of the few players I've never heard anyone hate on, personally or in the media. Don't even think I've heard anyone call him overrated...

Few and far, but Roy Halladay may not have had haters.

ll-cool-j-pickle.gif

not srs. outside of him being a pain in the *** to face...not real hate :lol:

Yeah I don’t think any AL East fans would say they didn’t respect him, he didn’t have a bad moving-on stage with Toronto, they and their fans basically accepted he needed/deserved to go to a winner, and Philadelphia fans love him and he had a No Hitter in his first-ever playoff start for them.

I can say Tony Gwynn is one of the few players I've never heard anyone hate on, personally or in the media. Don't even think I've heard anyone call him overrated...

Jack Clark and Jim Leyritz talked some ish on him during their short 1 years in SD.

People on reddit baseball always comment about the lack of HR's.

But man the guy worked so hard on and off the field and in the community down here. Also you never heard any bad stories about him. He took less money to stay in SD and said he had opportunities to make more money as a free agent or he could have demanded a trade to a contender. But he stayed here because he loved SD.

Congrats Detmers on the No-No.

Y’all were scared I was going to jinx it to with the last post.

NOPE!

Back
Top Bottom