2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

AL will always run this!! :pimp:
229E7611-5842-4730-9989-8814CA1411DE.gif

🥸🥸🥸🥸🥸

There are too many All Stars. I mean no disrespect to the Andrew Benintendis and Luis Arraezes of the game, but this is the All Star game. We want to see stars. Or at least I do. I get that Beni and Arraez are having fantastic seasons. But does anyone reeeeeally want to see them get 2 at bats in an All Star game rather than seeing Ohtani and Vladdy get 4?

I thought the game was really fun early on and then completely fizzled out when we had to watch Jake Cronenworth and Garrett Cooper type players decide the game in the later innings.

There are too many All Stars. I mean no disrespect to the Andrew Benintendis and Luis Arraezes of the game, but this is the All Star game. We want to see stars. Or at least I do. I get that Beni and Arraez are having fantastic seasons.
Arraez is hitting .338 and has a billion ABs. You’re seeing stars but you don’t want to :lol:

Arraez is hitting .338 and has a billion ABs. You’re seeing stars but you don’t want to :lol:
I am very aware of how he is doing. Got him on one of the fantasy squads. He is having a outstanding season (which I already stated).

But I am sorry. If you asked me if I'd rather watch Vladdy and him split a game or watch Vladdy play a full game, I am taking Vladdy playing a full game 100 times out of 100.

And jpzx jpzx Im not trying to discredit your man. But look at the 4 players I mentioned and not just your guy. Those are the players you want to see deciding a close late inning game? Not me.

Who would you have replaced those guys with?
Has nothing to do with replacing those guys. I think some of them deserve to be there. I just dont think every team needs an All Star. I dont think a .317 batting average with 3 homeruns is worthy of getting All Star Game playing time.

Just think theres too many of them.

Idk how you can keep the league leader in batting average out of 2 ABs when others get 2 ABs. I just think Arraez was a bad example but I might be the only one on here who wants to correct the record :lol:

There are too many All Stars. I mean no disrespect to the Andrew Benintendis and Luis Arraezes of the game, but this is the All Star game. We want to see stars. Or at least I do. I get that Beni and Arraez are having fantastic seasons. But does anyone reeeeeally want to see them get 2 at bats in an All Star game rather than seeing Ohtani and Vladdy get 4?

I thought the game was really fun early on and then completely fizzled out when we had to watch Jake Cronenworth and Garrett Cooper type players decide the game in the later innings.
I agree that less is more. Mookie and Goldschmidt had 2 of the NL’s 5 hits despite only having one AB each haha. Also have to fix fan voting because rn it looks like spam voting, seems like the huge ASG rosters were the coaches trying to make it up to folks that got bopped.

Has nothing to do with replacing those guys. I think some of them deserve to be there. I just dont think every team needs an All Star. I dont think a .317 batting average with 3 homeruns is worthy of getting All Star Game playing time.

Just think theres too many of them.
It’s an exhibition game to showcase the league and all the teams. I mean there’s probably input by the teams/league in how much these players are used too. I mean this game is exactly what it’s supposed to be, a showcase for the league.

Idk how you can keep the league leader in batting average out of 2 ABs when others get 2 ABs. I just think Arraez was a bad example but I might be the only one on here who wants to correct the record :lol:
Yea that’s a bad example, but I get what he’s saying

But the same applies to the sexy name infielder/outfielder who got in there based off it being a popularity contest and not actually having the stats to deserve it

And it also sucks (from a fans perspective) that all these guys make it but then can’t/don’t wanna play. So then there’s a bunch of replacements and I feel it loses the “value” of being selected as an all star

Back
Top Bottom