2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

The Juan Soto is situation is going to be interesting in that unless the Nationals lower their asking price, Soto is likely going to indirectly have a say in where he gets traded and likely ends up on a preferred destination for him.

Because him and his representation can easily let it be known he’s not signing an extension with certain teams/markets, which will either cause those teams which aren’t his preferred choice to back out or to offer less.

Assuming he gets traded at the deadline, 2.5 seasons is a decent amount to have him for and you potentially have him for the next 3 postseasons. But 4 prospects, some established talent and also taking on a bad contract with no long term commitment?

And Scott Boras clients usually hit free agency so it’s not a guarantee he signs an extension if he gets traded to a preferred destination for him.

I’m not putting much stock in regular season. I’ll worry more come playoffs if the Yankees and Astros meet. I mean the 2021 Yankees were 4-2 against the Astros last year. That Yankee team was not good lol.

Soto wants to play with his fellow Dominican buddy in SD:

Tatis_F_Soto_J_USATSI_16417793.jpg

And he's good friends with Manny:

:pimp:

Even if it's just for 2.5 years to make 3 pennant runs.
He thinks Judges GF has a cute sister, he could go there just for the Draws.
And He likes the NY pizza spots.
Broadway too.

Dodgers fans I’ll bet on your team tonight if you make a case you’ll win, the ERAs of both pitchers is what concerns me

If there’s an epi with T’Wolves owner ARod I’ve found myself in the all-defense role and will argue his ability to tan in Central Park against any of you.

Judge is in good hands no matter what, the Yankees got it this year me thinks

Back
Top Bottom