2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

wonder why he'd sign so fast . he see's what Soto might get. we might see the first billion dollar player before we know it. imagine what he could get with a lil more seasoning . congrats to him regardless ...

Happy AF for Julio and crazy to imagine from his perspective. Mans grew up watching Tatis, Vlad Jr, and others get way more love from balling in the DR. Julio's family didn't have the resources like some of those guys, whose dads played in the Bigs. He was blessed with some great physical attributes but he had to outwork them so miss me with the overrated/overpriced talk.

Yeah, my first impression was it's great for the Mariners, but Julio should've waited or shorter term, but yeah...who am I? I would've accepted that with the quickness. :lol:
You also never know what can happen.

Example, Bauer could have probably signed a 8-10 year deal of guaranteed money. He declined so he could sign a short deal. Now he’s screwed because he’s suspended for 2 years (no money). The only money he gets is first year.

Would Tatis get such a fat deal if he wouldn’t of signed this past year? After his steroid scandal, idk

Sometimes locking in that deal is better than waiting. Y’all remember Ian Desmond?

That WBC roster is shaping up to be great

26B76EE7-BE8D-4D60-91FE-F2622BBFB8AA.jpeg

What a ridiculous excuse by Adidas :rofl:

They must not have been getting the return they wanted. Don’t they still have several Astros on their roster? Including Altuve and Bregman.

yeah might be one of those big picture “can’t see the forest through the trees” deals. Maybe didn’t want to eat the costs short term this season and next season.

Yankees trust their BP so much they put Cole back out for the 8th at 104pc he immediately walks a guy and then nearly gives a HR to next guy, literally at the deepest part of CF in OAk park.
Are they mad?
Boys really trying to blow a game they’re in full control of.
Just don’t belong in OCtober, still.

Back
Top Bottom