2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Why should defensive shifts be removed aside from it helping hitters who can't hit away? The more ridiculous the shift is, the more ridiculous it is that a hitter can't hit out of it.

Why should defensive shifts be removed aside from it helping hitters who can't hit away? The more ridiculous the shift is, the more ridiculous it is that a hitter can't hit out of it.

I was against banning the shift for a long time but every sport basically has rules for defensive alignment, why should baseball be any different?

I was against banning the shift for a long time but every sport basically has rules for defensive alignment, why should baseball be any different?

I was against banning the shift for a long time too. All it took is one person to point out that baseball is the only sport to not have illegal defense, and that is all it took for me to change my mind.

My personal take is that it's harder than ever to hit a damn ball, because pitchers are so elite now and often benefit more from adjustments. Have to throw the bats a bone with the shift ban, so I'm glad they did. MLB has been more aggressive in recent years (on and off the field) so I think they'll reap the benefits of it soon. We'll see how it goes...

Opinion
mjlol (1) (1).png

Local radio down here says the game will be played but it might be delayed a little bit depending on the rain down here.

My buddy who is a season ticket holder just offered me his seats and he said the game will be played.

Glad this rain has calmed down a bit. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

My personal take is that it's harder than ever to hit a damn ball, because pitchers are so elite now and often benefit more from adjustments. Have to throw the bats a bone with the shift ban, so I'm glad they did. MLB has been more aggressive in recent years (on and off the field) so I think they'll reap the benefits of it soon. We'll see how it goes...
Ehhh double edge sword there. You can’t ignore the fact that hitters are pretty much solely aiming to hit HRs more than ever nowadays. You could argue the other way that players can’t hit.

But baseball has to do something which probably still won’t work. An NBA or NFL game can pull in a crowd at like a house party because there’s action. You can get casuals to watch it. Honestly, baseball is boring as hell cause it’s a bunch of guys standing around while nothing much is happening.

I'm indifferent to most of these changes because it won't really affect my viewership regardless but looking forward to see if it helps open up the game to more eyes

Braves game just started, they’re already up 2-0. The Mets have played great overall but they need to produce greater results now in this final stretch to get first place. Wild Card isn’t guaranteed. I remember the last time the Mets played a WC game, MadBum ended them.

Back
Top Bottom