2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Musgrove starts the game losing the bases and LAD let’s him out of the inning with 0 ER.
He puts on 2 in the 2nd and LAD lets him off the hook with 0ER.

Gallo goes 0-4 leaving 7 men on base, never once makes contact on the ball with his Bat.
They strand 12guys total.

And PADS can’t give that man Musgrove 1-2 runs?
Bell goes up 3-0 in the 10th, and doesn’t get in base?

You guys are screwed.
You’d be better off missing the WC all together.
No chance in hell at beating anybody.

This is a dumb hot take. The Padres have been playing well the last 15 games against playoff bound teams like the Cardinals.

Tonight was a pitching duel between Urias vs Musgrove and the bullpens of each team. Bob Melvin tonight lost this game for the Padres in the bottom of the 10th by not pinch hitting for Trent Grisham who's been horrible lately and strikes out a lot.

As for the playoffs. I like our chances against either ATL, The Mets, or even the Cardinals. This is a 3 game wild card round and not 1 and done anymore like before. The Padres got Darvish, Snell, and Musgrove to start in the playoffs. All 3 guys have been pitching really good lately and Josh Hader is back to being the elite lockdown closer he has been before coming to the Padres and struggling for awhile.

As for the offense it's starting to come around and can be dangerous especially if guys like Juan Soto and Josh Bell get hot.

They have been playing well if they were DBacks or Pirates.

For a team that was already PS bound to add Bell/Drury/Soto to play like they play, please.
They’re done.

I'm just thinking how pissed I'd be if I was that close to the ball and that **** went into the bullpen
skip1.png
Told my wife I would’ve fell trying to get it so they’d feel obligated to give it to me, or if I die give it to my family and they’d get life insurance on top of whatever the ball auctions for LOL!

They have been playing well if they were DBacks or Pirates.

For a team that was already PS bound to add Bell/Drury/Soto to play like they play, please.
They’re done.

We took 2 out 3 from the Cardinals.

Beating bad teams like the DBacks and Rockies is what playoff bound teams do if you want to make a playoff run. Yeah it's frustrating to see guys like Soto and Bell struggle since we got them at trade deadline. But that happens and there is a adjustment period. Drury has been slugging and has 8 HR's since the Padres traded for him.

The Phillies and Brewers have been playing worse and have no business making the playoffs.

We took 2 out 3 from the Cardinals.

Beating bad teams like the DBacks and Rockies is what playoff bound teams do if you want to make a playoff run. Yeah it's frustrating to see guys like Soto and Bell struggle since we got them at trade deadline. But that happens and there is a adjustment period. Drury has been slugging and has 8 HR's since the Padres traded for him.

The Phillies and Brewers have been playing worse and have no business making the playoffs.
Beating anybody for them hasn’t come easy, even the bad teams. I just don’t see it MrJ
It was a good run though.
Short.
Good though.
PHILLIES should be ashamed of themselves.
Nobody more than the WHITESOX, though.
They might be the most average underachieving team that I’ve ever watched.
Loaded at SP too.

Mark DeRosa just had an excellent breakdown on MLB Central on the evolution of Judge's swing all the way from college to now. Great work for anyone who's a fan.

Congrats to Judge. He's a likeable guy and I'm glad he'll make the Yankees pay like they weigh.

Musgrove starts the game loading the bases and LAD let’s him out of the inning with 0 ER.
He puts on 2 in the 2nd and LAD lets him off the hook with 0ER.

Gallo goes 0-4 leaving 7 men on base, never once makes contact on the ball with his Bat.
They strand 12guys total.

And PADS can’t give that man Musgrove 1-2 runs?
Bell goes up 3-0 in the 10th, and doesn’t get in base?

You guys are screwed.
You’d be better off missing the WC all together.
No chance in hell at beating anybody.

:wow: :wow:

Can the Giants be officially eliminated already? I'm tired of danger style danger style reminding me they are still in the WC race.

Giants were eliminated weeks ago...

***edit: my bad. They were eliminated from the divisional race weeks ago.

They have a very outside chance at the wild card. They lose one game and it's a wrap.

Hopefully we’ll never have to hear about roger maris again.

Judge better get a movie out of this too.

Back
Top Bottom