2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

This by far the longest HR in Old/New Yankee Stadium.

It has to be.

What is the projected measurement on this man? :lol:

The view from fans in those seats
barry-bonds-yankee-stadiumjpg.webp

Oh I see they sell guns at D ick’s.

I guess that’s how they’ve managed to stay alive.

I’m sure they do numbers in other places.

That’s 500 plus feet. Has to be.

It got me curious as well

The Yankees estimated Bonds' home run at 380 feet, but that distance appears to be way off. Home-run historian Bill Jenkinson told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark that he estimated the shot at 450-465 feet.

Just like McGwire's home run against Big Unit

The unsolved mystery on home run distances

Speaking of the longest home run video clips, I love those clips

I remember watching those clips on SportCenter

It got me curious as well

Just like McGwire's home run against Big Unit

The unsolved mystery on home run distances

Speaking of the longest home run video clips, I love those clips

I remember watching those clips on SportCenter

380 feet.
:lol:

This by far the longest HR in Old/New Yankee Stadium.

It has to be.

What is the projected measurement on this man? :lol:

I was at this game and the sound of that Bonds hr was like a car accident. Longest one i ever seen in person.

Glenn Allen Hill's body was such a typical steroid build back then. Big up top, tiny legs :lol:

Was there ever a point in McGwires career where he WASNT on roids? Jesus.

No wonder Bonds decided to start juicing. He saw all these other average players getting money and the fame.

No wonder Bonds decided to start juicing. He saw all these other average players getting money and the fame.

That was always said "behind the scenes". People said he was salty at the steroid guys gettin all the attention when Bonds knew he was better than all of em. He said I'm better than em all with or without, lets show em how much better i am.

Back then i remember how Bonds hated that McGwire was gettin all the attention when he knew he was better.

That was always said "behind the scenes". People said he was salty at the steroid guys gettin all the attention when Bonds knew he was better than all of em. He said I'm better than em all with or without, lets show em how much better i am.

Back then i remember how Bonds hated that McGwire was gettin all the attention when he knew he was better.

Which is why I understood Bonds doing roids.

Imagine seeing some no name Sammy Sosa hitting 60 HRs out of nowhere go on to become a hero.

This is such a Yankees fan thing to say. Stay out of it,
Roger. lol:

He's right tho. If you're gonna keep Bonds in the record books then put him in the Hall. Stop being convenient with punishment. If you're gonna banish the guy from being celebrated for his accomplishments then don't recognize his HR record . We saw it, knew it was tainted but we enjoyed every HR and turned a cheek. Look at a guy like Luis Gonzalez, he hit like 57 one yr if i remember right, no one ever said a thing. Brady Anderson was another that comes to mind, people knew but no one cared, only cared about Bonds cause he was already the best and when he used it was all of a sudden the worst person in cleats. Bonds just wasn't likeable, bottom line. Baseball benefited big time from that HR race, then once the sh*t hit the fan they threw guys to the wolves.

If he ain't a HOF'r then he ain't the hr champ either ....

Back
Top Bottom