2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Yanks win game 3 and it’s a new series. Can’t let Judge’s historic season go to waste. We got this.

Yankees insinuating the wind robbed them. They depend way to much on the home run. Judge said he knew the wind was howling while on defense and still swung for the fences.

I don’t see them changing what they do tomorrow.

Series isn’t over yet but the Yankees aren’t coming back with that sort of beta mentality from their leader Boone

I'm embarrassed by some of my fellow Yankee fans. Houston had their 1 and 2 at home lined up against our 5 and 3. It's no surprise the won those games so why are we acting like the sky is falling? Both were competitive too, not like we didn't belong on the field. Judge was 3 feet from making this series 1-1. Now we get our 1-2 vs their 3-4. Now if we lose one of those, then we can pack it up, but get it together and stop being *****es until then.

I'm embarrassed by some of my fellow Yankee fans. Houston had their 1 and 2 at home lined up against our 5 and 3. It's no surprise the won those games so why are we acting like the sky is falling? Both were competitive too, not like we didn't belong on the field. Judge was 3 feet from making this series 1-1. Now we get our 1-2 vs their 3-4. Now if we lose one of those, then we can pack it up, but get it together and stop being *****es until then.

I blame Boone.

He made me this way.

Not a playoff manager in my book. Never was.

Series isn’t over yet but the Yankees aren’t coming back with that sort of beta mentality from their leader Boone
It was that bad. They asked him about it and the wind did affect it. What's he supposed to say? He didn't say they lost the game bc of that our anything like that. I was more annoyed with Severino saying the Astros got lucky than anything Boone said. Boone just stated facts.

I don't really have any issues and kind of expected to start off this way. The first two were close and could of went either way honestly. What hurts us is Benitendi and DJ not being in the lineup. That really shortens the lineup quite a bit. The bullpen arms that are out hurts as well. Schmidt wouldn't have been in there to give up the homers in game one if we have a healthy pen, but we have to roll with what we got.

I will say this tho.

It’s not like the Astros are raking either. They haven’t been.

That’s the only glimmer of hope the Yankees have.

This job is too big for him. Always has been.

We scraped by Cleveland.

His idiocy almost cost us that series.
He's won 100 games every year but the job is too big for him? That makes no sense. If you want to come with facts and show where he's made a ton of errors that cost us games, by all means do so, but miss with these feelings.

99% of managing is handling media and personalities in the locker room. Boone is good at those things. The idea that a manager is making a gut move in the 9th inning instead of realizing that decision is made by some Yale graduate in the analytics department is hilarious to me. This isn't 1985. Managers aren't out there making decisions on their gut. Managers are there to implement the gameplan set by the analytics department. That's how it works now.

He's won 100 games every year but the job is too big for him? That makes no sense. If you want to come with facts and show where he's made a ton of errors that cost us games, by all means do so, but miss with these feelings.

99% of managing is handling media and personalities in the locker room. Boone is good at those things. The idea that a manager is making a gut move in the 9th inning instead of realizing that decision is made by some Yale graduate in the analytics department is hilarious to me. This isn't 1985. Managers aren't out there making decisions on their gut. Managers are there to implement the gameplan set by the analytics department. That's how it works now.

100 games won every year in the REGULAR SEASON. Congrats. This is what we’re doing now? We celebrating this bro?

1985? I wasn’t even born in 1985. Who do you think you’re talking to, Onez? :lol:

190291F2-348B-4702-9686-CE8AFEE6E868.jpeg

29091783-9D7F-4B77-8796-9A70F9983B88.jpeg

100 games won every year in the REGULAR SEASON. Congrats. This is what we’re doing now? We celebrating this bro?

1985? I wasn’t even born in 1985. Who do you think you’re talking to, Onez? :lol:
The fact you buy into players and managers being "playoff guys!!!" is hilarious.

idk I was trying to give you an out. If you don't know how in game decisions are made, that's on you. Not trying to be a ****, but if you think a manager is just watching the game and saying "Oh man I think player X would be good in this spot", I mean idk what to say. That's not how it works. Literally every decision is mapped out. If player X is up to bat in Y situation, pitcher Z comes in. It's all by the numbers. Teams have 15-20 person analytics teams filled with Yale and Harvard grads coming up with gameplans. They analyze pitcher X is good at throwing pitch Y so he's a good matchup for batter Z bc he struggles against it. Baseball managers are more about dealing with people than any decision in-game. And baseball managers have very little effect on the game. They aren't striking out 30 times in 2 games.

The fact you buy into players and managers being "playoff guys!!!" is hilarious.

idk I was trying to give you an out. If you don't know how in game decisions are made, that's on you. Not trying to be a ****, but if you think a manager is just watching the game and saying "Oh man I think player X would be good in this spot", I mean idk what to say. That's not how it works. Literally every decision is mapped out. If player X is up to bat in Y situation, pitcher Z comes in. It's all by the numbers. Teams have 15-20 person analytics teams filled with Yale and Harvard grads coming up with gameplans. They analyze pitcher X is good at throwing pitch Y so he's a good matchup for batter Z bc he struggles against it. Baseball managers are more about dealing with people than any decision in-game. And baseball managers have very little effect on the game. They aren't striking out 30 times in 2 games.

Well maybe Boone should MANAGE to teach our guys on how to call for routine flyball/pop up without barreling over each other every ******* god damn time like we’re in little league.

Honestly whatever. Let me sulk right now. Maybe I’ll be happier tonight or tomorrow and my enthusiasm we revive itself. You’ll be the first one to know in the Yankees thread brother.

233966AC-4E24-4215-B974-A7989F5C2231.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom