2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Cap space?

If the Giants take on the majority of that contract they won’t have to give up much.
Giants already look to be the second highest payroll in 2018

You add Stanton and trade Panik....you barely don’t hit luxury tax status unless you somehow unload more of those contracts, which makes them not flexible to add marquee free agents in the future unless they want to pay the luxury tax. If their owners want to do it, go for it, but I’m just saying.

I don't get this move for you guys. Yall aren't 1 player away and have one of the worst farm systems in the league. My guess is FO doesn't want to waste Posey's and Bum's prime years on a complete rebuild. Just leave Stanton be and let him come home :smh:

Nah, Y’all can choke in the playoffs without him.

Padres?!?! Did he watch "Pitch" on FOX last year and not really it was just a fictional TV show?

What is all this salary cap and capspace talk? :lol:

I have said this for months, as big of a Giants fan as I am who prides himself on not being a fairweather fan, I dont know if I can stomach watching another season like the last 1.5 went. We have not only been the worst team in baseball, we have been the most boring. Stanton changes that. And the idea that it would "gut" our farm system is laughable. Our farm system is trash. The players being mentioned in the trade are all meh players.

And I have said it from the start that I dont see how Ohtani goes to a National League team. He wants to hit too. I dont see how a team would want him playing the field on days he doesnt pitch. He will DH.

Ohtani teammates:

"“I feel like he just wants to come and not be compared to other guys who have already been here — to start fresh on his own, show what he can do by himself.”

So no Yanks, Dodgers or Rangers? lol bs

He went to a small market team back home in Japan. Could see him taking the same route here. Money won’t be too different on his first contract.

Padres would be cool to see, when’s the last time they landed a big free agent?

wow Padres might actually have a shot lol

Castillo to the southsiders

If the Mariners were smart, they'd put Dipoto, Griffey, and Ichiro on a plane together to go recruit the hell out of the kid.

He'll be loved anywhere he goes because it's just an amazing baseball story. Young phenom with story-like abilities that doesn't prioritize money over his pursuit of greatness in his craft.

If the Mariners were smart, they'd put Dipoto, Griffey, and Ichiro on a plane together to go recruit the hell out of the kid.

He'll be loved anywhere he goes because it's just an amazing baseball story. Young phenom with story-like abilities that doesn't prioritize money over his pursuit of greatness in his craft.

M's could work, but then won't he just be on the "Ichiro-comparison" scale?

M's could work, but then won't he just be on the "Ichiro-comparison" scale?

But if he were sold the whole, "You have a chance to do what we never did in Seattle (championship)..." spill it might mean something.

Of course I'm biased as hell and want him in Dodger Blue, but Ohtani signing with the Mariners would seem right. I mean, the damn team hasn't been to the post season since 2001 and has never been to a World Series. That's pretty sad...

Aaron Boone
dahell2.png

Back
Top Bottom