2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Stanton’s salary is going up the next couple of years, Florida is state income tax-free, and he has an opt out clause which is active in like 3 years. He’s been the only star in the Marlins since Fernandez passed, what’s a couple more years?

Jeter was better as a Yankee.

Who the hell are they going trade? They're not dealing Yelich or Ozuna. Nobody wants Chen, Prado, or Volquez. Dee? That barely dents their payroll. :lol:

Good luck with that threat Jeets

Take when Da Nerds offer and call it a day. Bring G home... :pimp:

I'm not sure I grasp the Marlins strategy of buying the team, and then tearing it all down again. For what purprose? To rebuild the farm and start anew?

I'm willing to take Yelich off their hands today if they make him available. Yesterday even.

There’s no reason not to try :lol:

I’m not convinced he signs in NY. I see him in going out West.

If your team isn't trying for Otani, someone i. the front office needs to be fired :lol:

I know the Mariners have said they will let him pitch and DH. they're are going hard as they can for him :lol:

We don't want Stanton anyways. Rather have Harper or Machado :nerd:

If you guys are passing on Stanton, you wont be getting Machado or Harper. Both of them will be more expensive, and the only reason you would pass on Stanton is unquestionably because of money.

If you guys are passing on Stanton, you wont be getting Machado or Harper. Both of them will be more expensive, and the only reason you would pass on Stanton is unquestionably because of money.
I don't get this move for you guys. Yall aren't 1 player away and have one of the worst farm systems in the league. My guess is FO doesn't want to waste Posey's and Bum's prime years on a complete rebuild. Just leave Stanton be and let him come home :smh:

The Giants gutting out their already mediocre farm system and using up their cap space for Stanton may actually not be a bad thing for the Dodgers.....especially when the 2018 free agency will be stacked.

Giants have a lot of aging parts, and while they have Posey and MadBum, getting Stanton only improves them somewhat on the short run. I guess they are in win now mode.

While the biased fan in me likes Stanton to come here of course, it would be a risk to dump assets for him and clog up the salary cap, and still end up ringless with no upside in the future.

I think I would value Arrieta more tbh.

Cap space?

If the Giants take on the majority of that contract they won’t have to give up much.

Stanton really wants to go to the Giants? Dude can reject any trade if I were him I’d force the Marlins hand and make them trade him to the Dodgers.

Back
Top Bottom