2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Ran into this story on a M's blog

holeup.png

Seattle isn't better without him. They've had an easy schedule and a lot of 1 run wins (like 18 already or something crazy)... run differential is extremely low. They have one more win than us currently but our run differential is >100 compared to theirs. Props to them for doing what they're doing though despite the injuries and with his suspension but I sense regression coming for them. I haven't looked at the numbers but I sense bullpen usage is high too and that's gonna burn them. Upcoming schedule is: Astros/Rays/Angels/Red Sox/Yankees/Red Sox
SInce this post, Sea 8-2, Beat TB 4/5, Hou 1/2, and Swept LAA 3/3.....tonight starts their Bos x4 Series followed by Yanks x3 and Bos x3.

About to see what's really good...

nice bounce back for Velasquez today

was hoping for a No-Hitter but my man had 101 pitches in the 7th thats tough

having Hoskins back in the LU is everything for this phillies squad, we was struggling without him

Plesac on MLBN talking about what was brought up yesterday and hit on a bit of what I was alluding to about baseball IQ being lowered because of these uber athletes these days that specialize in only power.

Interesting debate.

Plesac on MLBN talking about what was brought up yesterday and hit on a bit of what I was alluding to about baseball IQ being lowered because of these uber athletes these days that specialize in only power.

Interesting debate.

Vid or too soon for it to be uploaded?

I was at that game with my nephew. One of the greatest performances I've ever seen.

Sano has been embarrassing this year. And he's getting closer to eating himself out of the league.
Throw in the fact Byron Buxton has essentially been a bust at this level as well and well let's just say all this is not shocking coming from this franchise.

Sano has been embarrassing this year. And he's getting closer to eating himself out of the league.
Throw in the fact Byron Buxton has essentially been a bust at this level as well and well let's just say all this is not shocking coming from this franchise.
I was all on the buxton bandwagon before the draft too. Sano went to A ball because they play in Fort Myers where their spring training Home is.

I still have faith in Buxton for some reason. He showed me something last year, but has been non existent this year.

Buxton can't stay healthy. He's shown flashes with the bat, but I feel like any progress is disrupted by injury.

I still have faith in both. Sano had a rough offseason. He can come around.

Sure, both players have a chance. There's world-class talent there. But both players now have had enough AB's to show it's some worrisome times over at the Twins front office.

Buxton was one of the most can't-miss prospects of the last 5-6 years (ONE-of). 1,000+ plate appearances later he's hitting .230/.285/.387 SLG and can't get out of the 9-hole. And don't look now, young Buck turns 25 this year...

I'm pullin for him. He needs to get healthy for sure.

Back
Top Bottom