2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Caught the Yankees.

There's been a lack of Power in the Bats so Zander hitting two dongs was huge.

Not ready to give him the X back

Bosox :pimp:

I really feel like Red Sox are still underachieving given the amount of the money they have shelled out this past year and the talent that they have.
I feel like a trade or two is gonna happen for them before the deadline.

How many times have we seen in the last few seasons where Boston spends $$$ in the off-season and completely ***** the bed :lol: nothing new guys.

Umm...that's pretty much every team if your definition of "******** the bed" is not winning the Pennant.

"Such and such spent this, added Andrew Miller, traded for Cole Hamels etc etc etc............and still didn't win it"

Yea dude, because one team wins, and there are 30 teams.

Teams should just stop spending.

Or making moves....

Last edited:
Umm...that's pretty much every team if your definition of "******** the bed" is not winning the Pennant.

"Such and such spent this, added Andrew Miller, traded for Cole Hamels etc etc etc............and still didn't win it"

Yea dude, because one team wins, and there are 30 teams.

Teams should just stop spending.
Or making moves....

View media item 2469312
makes sense :tongue:

But for real, I'm not generalizing the entire league. I'm saying remarks were made that Boston is underachieving based of their spending this off-season and I simply noted how we've seen this happen to the Sox multiple times over the last few years.

Said this in the Yankees thread but Zack Cozart had the same exact injury in July 2011 & he was cleared for baseball activities in December.

Obviously still sucks but he shouldn't miss any time in the spring if all goes well.

Last edited:
I think with as strong as the Dodgers farm system is right now, I would make a serious run at Mike Trout.

I know its hard to trade the best hitter in baseball, but lets hypothetically say the Dodgers propose:

Joc Pederson
Trayce Thompson
Julio Urias
Jose De Leon
Alex Verdugo
Austin Barnes

For

Mike Trout

Dont the Angels accept that? Dont the Dodgers feel comfortable doing that? If I was the Dodgers GM I am offering any combination of my top Minor League prospects plus any of the Joc Pederson, Trayce Thompson, Yasiel Puig type players to get it done. Trout is wasting away down there and at some point, x-number of incredible prospects plus ML ready talent can be enough.

Back
Top Bottom