2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Screw the dodgers. Astros throw their prospects for Trout and run away with the league.
Are you willing to give up Derek Fisher and 5 other prospects for Trout?

I dont see how a contender who is already flush with young Major League talent, wouldnt give up the farm to add Trout.  The idea that "I wouldnt give up ____ for Mike Trout" is absolutely insane to me.  
I wouldn't give up the entire farm for Trout
I would throw in a first or second rounder along with Joc and two prospects
That's not a fair trade?

LOL nope

Well then, I guess I'm getting the phone hung up then ‍♂️
I still wouldn't include Urias in that trade scenario though
He could turn out to be a legit starter for the dodgers by the time Kershaw becomes washed

He could turn out to be a legit starter for the dodgers by the time Kershaw becomes washed

Any time you "might" have a legit starter for 30-33 games a year compared to 162 games of an absolute sure thing in Trout, you gotta keep Urias. I'm with ya bud........

Or, well, the opposite of that. No hard feelings. :lol:

Any time you "might" have a legit starter for 30-33 games a year compared to 162 games of an absolute sure thing in Trout, you gotta keep Urias. I'm with ya bud........

Or, well, the opposite of that. No hard feelings. :lol:
Nah I ain't mad :lol:
I rather have discussions like this rather than the bash fests that go on at the NBA thread

Or, well, the opposite of that. No hard feelings.
laugh.gif
Nah I ain't mad
laugh.gif

I rather have discussions like this rather than the bash fests that go on at the NBA thread
Yeah I think it is a fun conversation.

But bottom line is, Trout is wasting away on the Angels, and they need to do something.  Since I cant see any way they can turn this around in the next handful of years, maybe they should explore trading Trout.

But, if I am trading the best player in baseball....the guy who has had the best start to a career in MLB history and is drawing Mickey Mantle or Willie Mays comparisons, you bet your *** its gonna cost more than Joc and 2 prospects.  I would start the conversation with like 5 or 6 prospects.  Start the conversation.

Another facet I think people don't look at is that Trout puts people in seats...

No matter how they're playing he generates revenue for the franchise

If I was putting my best guess at what it would take for Trout, I'd probably go with something like

Almora (GG CF they can use with upside)
Eloy #1 bat they will want no matter what
Cease #1 arm they will want no matter what
Candelario can play 1B/3B and is a switch hitter
De La Cruz and/or Zagunis our #2 pitcher and most MLB ready bat after the first 4 guys.

I don't know how close that would get us, but it's roughly the same as the Dodger and Astros offer listed above.

Can anyone tell me what superstar trades in MLB that have worked out and haven't worked out?
Only thing I can remember that worked out was ARod to the Yanks and what didn't work was Griffey failing at Cincy.

Another facet I think people don't look at is that Trout puts people in seats...

:lol: if Dodgers are trading just for attendance numbers, it would be redundant as we are already first in the league.

laugh.gif
if Dodgers are trading just for attendance numbers, it would be redundant as we are already first in the league.
I think he was speaking about the opposite, and how it would negatively affect the attendance for trading away a superstar.  First place teams generally dont have a problem with people showing up to the games.

Unless of course you are this particular playoff team.....
happy.gif

:lol: if Dodgers are trading just for attendance numbers, it would be redundant as we are already first in the league.
I think he was speaking about the opposite, and how it would negatively affect the attendance for trading away a superstar.  First place teams generally dont have a problem with people showing up to the games.

FAKE NEWS
:lol:

laugh.gif
if Dodgers are trading just for attendance numbers, it would be redundant as we are already first in the league.

happy.gif

FAKE NEWS
laugh.gif
It's a photograph.  LOL

FAKE NEWS
:lol:
It's a photograph.  LOL
They should have told the president that for his failing inauguration :lol:

Really though, the stats show we are first in the league! Best fans in baseball! :tongue:

laugh.gif

happy.gif

FAKE NEWS
laugh.gif
It's a photograph.  LOL
They should have told the president that for his failing inauguration
laugh.gif

Really though, the stats show we are first in the league! Best fans in baseball!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

The baseball has to be juiced or something this year. Some of the homers I've been seeing are ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom