2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I think with as strong as the Dodgers farm system is right now, I would make a serious run at Mike Trout.

I know its hard to trade the best hitter in baseball, but lets hypothetically say the Dodgers propose:

Joc Pederson
Trayce Thompson
Julio Urias
Jose De Leon
Alex Verdugo
Austin Barnes

For

Mike Trout

Dont the Angels accept that? Dont the Dodgers feel comfortable doing that? If I was the Dodgers GM I am offering any combination of my top Minor League prospects plus any of the Joc Pederson, Trayce Thompson, Yasiel Puig type players to get it done. Trout is wasting away down there and at some point, x-number of incredible prospects plus ML ready talent can be enough.
no way

de leon isn't even a Dodger anymore

I was gonna say, De Leon is in TB :lol:

Why would Joc be gone? He's the only true CF we have for now, I'm feeling that A-Gon will slowly fade into the background :frown:

Dodgers don't have a problem with the bats this season, what we need is more pitching depth when October swings around

Wow 4 hrs in a game Kershaw 
laugh.gif

I think with as strong as the Dodgers farm system is right now, I would make a serious run at Mike Trout.

I know its hard to trade the best hitter in baseball, but lets hypothetically say the Dodgers propose:

Joc Pederson

Trayce Thompson

Julio Urias

Jose De Leon

Alex Verdugo

Austin Barnes

For

Mike Trout

Dont the Angels accept that? Dont the Dodgers feel comfortable doing that? If I was the Dodgers GM I am offering any combination of my top Minor League prospects plus any of the Joc Pederson, Trayce Thompson, Yasiel Puig type players to get it done. Trout is wasting away down there and at some point, x-number of incredible prospects plus ML ready talent can be enough.
no way

de leon isn't even a Dodger anymore

Is he not? Damn my bad. Must have missed that. Ok replace him with Ypadier Alvarez then.

My point remains. The Dodgers farm system is good enough to be able to make it tempting. Angels suck and their farm system is nothing special.

Why would Joc be gone? He's the only true CF we have for now, I'm feeling that A-Gon will slowly fade into the background :frown:

Why would Joc be gone? I was making up a hypothetical trade. He adds value. Nothing to do with me thinking he doesnt have a place on the team. :lol:

Why would Joc be gone? I was making up a hypothetical trade. He adds value. Nothing to do with me thinking he doesnt have a place on the team. :lol:

:lol: I was talking about @a-friend 's post

Trade deadline will have something LAD could need more than a .200 bat and CF.

Bellinger can play the entire OF and Taylor could probably pitch if you asked him, he plays anywhere, but I think they should bring up Verdugo. Another LHB.
Dude is probably hitting .500+ this month for OKC.

Man looks legit.
I saw Utley on 1B a few games back, but I think it might have been a platoon need more than a position play tbh, and as you mentioned, A-Gon is on fade alert, why not look there.

LAD keeps the lefties on deck though.

Last edited:
I don't know if I would.
Big games, any game really, if he's at the plate with RISP, in a clutch spot like late innings or go ahead, you can almost count those runners for runs.
He's still clutch.

I don't know if I would.
Big games, any game really, if he's at the plate with RISP, in a clutch spot like late innings or go ahead, you can almost count those runners for runs.
He's still clutch.
Gotta make room for the youngins!
But really I expect the front office to stay put at most....I do have a feeling they will package two minor leaguers for a reliever though by the trade deadline.

Last edited:
Trout would fit Boston or New York more in a trade imo.
Trout makes the Dodgers the best team in the MLB.

Sox don't have the farm to get him after trading for Sale. Yanks could do it, as could the Dodgers. If you have the artillery to make the deal, you do it.

You need more than Justin Turner and Chris Taylor for all the lefties teams will throw at you in the playoffs.

Trout would fit Boston or New York more in a trade imo.
Trout makes the Dodgers the best team in the MLB.

Sox don't have the farm to get him after trading for Sale. Yanks could do it, as could the Dodgers. If you have the artillery to make the deal, you do it.

You need more than Justin Turner and Chris Taylor for all the lefties teams will throw at you in the playoffs.
We actually aren't struggling against lefties this year though. Our average against lefties is currently 7th in the league and our OBP is 11th. Not the best, but still good enough. We are also 24th in quality starts category, so I rather get a good right handed starter tbh.We will see by the end of the season though.

As much as I'm a big fan of Trout, I wouldn't be in favor of dropping that many assets for him in the trade scenario shown above. Give up Joc and two other Triple A outfielders though? That would be fine with me.

I would trade AGon for a quality starter
Define quality. You wouldn't get much.
I would trade AGon for a quality starter
Define quality. You wouldn't get much.

This. AGon is washed.

LET ME DREAM DAMN IT :lol:

Last edited:
Screw the dodgers. Astros throw their prospects for Trout and run away with the league.
Are you willing to give up Derek Fisher and 5 other prospects for Trout?
I dont see how a contender who is already flush with young Major League talent, wouldnt give up the farm to add Trout.  The idea that "I wouldnt give up ____ for Mike Trout" is absolutely insane to me.  

Screw the dodgers. Astros throw their prospects for Trout and run away with the league.

I dont see how a contender who is already flush with young Major League talent, wouldnt give up the farm to add Trout.  The idea that "I wouldnt give up ____ for Mike Trout" is absolutely insane to me.  
I wouldn't give up the entire farm for Trout
I would throw in a first or second rounder along with Joc and two prospects
That's not a fair trade?

I wouldn't give up the entire farm for Trout
I would throw in a first or second rounder along with Joc and two prospects
That's not a fair trade?
If I am the GM of the Angels, and you, the Dodgers GM called me with that offer, you would be hung up on immediately.

And you cant trade draft picks in baseball by the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom