2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Yup, pitcher wins are sort of viewed in similar light as RBI in that their significance as a stat isn't held as highly as in the past. If I remember correctly, Felix Hernandez winning Cy Young was a sign of the tide turning. He was incredible that year and only won 13 games.

Yup, pitcher wins are sort of viewed in similar light as RBI in that their significance as a stat isn't held as highly as in the past. If I remember correctly, Felix Hernandez winning Cy Young was a sign of the tide turning. He was incredible that year and only won 13 games.

Exactly - the year before Timmy L won “only”15 which was the lowest for a starter

And to add on to that.....it wasnt just that he only won 8 games. He lost SIXTEEN.

I dont even think in today's game, with smarter voters understanding that W/L is more of a reflection of the team, would a pitcher with an 8-16 record win the Cy Young.

Yeah I made my fantasy GM get rid of wins. You can get shelled for 10 runs and still get the W. Doesn't seem right :lol:

Daughter has no interest in baseball lol. Son is too young to pay attention.

But the funny thing is, my daughter watched football and my son was watching basketball clips on Youtube with me lol.

Cmon kids, please grow some interest in your dad's love of baseball lol

i feel your pain bro , my son asked me yesterday if he can "paint his room already" because "he doesn't even like baseball" .... :stoneface:

his room is painted like Yankee Stadium , 408ft mark and all . i dam near fainted . still ain't said a word to him ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom