2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I know Bruce Harper was probably joking the other day but I would consider going to Japan to play baseball in the meantime if I was a player.

You can’t allow yourself to get rusty in the sport of Baseball.

Everytime I hear something about this..

it‘s clear the owners don’t give a shh and the commissioner don’t give a shh about baseball but came in trying to break the power of that union

this shh ain’t going end soon

I think it’s deeper than that.. cause even amongst the markets, you have differing philosophies

you clearly have certain folks are legit looking at things like a business and figure they can run the whole thing like any other business and that‘s how we get where we are because they don’t prioritize actually winning.. if winning happens, great.. but they far more concerned about other things

I think it’s deeper than that.. cause even amongst the markets, you have differing philosophies

you clearly have certain folks are legit looking at things like a business and figure they can run the whole thing like any other business and that‘s how we get where we are because they don’t prioritize actually winning.. if winning happens, great.. but they far more concerned about other things

You’re right. I think about the Pirates as a perfect example. Their owner is an absolute bum, as was the ownership prior to him.

I look at how popular the Steelers and Penguins are in that city, and there was legit excitement for the Pirates during that brief little run between 2013-15 where they had a few winning seasons. But it’s an absolute disgrace how that organization is ran.

You’re right. I think about the Pirates as a perfect example. Their owner is an absolute bum, as was the ownership prior to him.

I look at how popular the Steelers and Penguins are in that city, and there was legit excitement for the Pirates during that brief little run between 2013-15 where they had a few winning seasons. But it’s an absolute disgrace how that organization is ran.

not going pretend i'm an expert on the whole thing.. and really only been listening to a couple pods specifically with regard to baseball and this

but it's not hard to see the variety of class of owners.. you have some teams which are owned by values and that team is the major value business/asset, i know in the NFL you gotta have a certain amount of cash on hand when you sign new deals and there was a rumor that's the real reason the raiders traded khalil mack because they just didnt have the necessary cash on hand.. then you have some guys who legit have the money and owning the sports team is a vanity thing (like steve ballmer in the NBA).. but then you have the private equity firms who are buying in and looking at profit margins

sooo you have some teams where they just dont have the money and if they cared probably should find the right owners to sell to and cash out but then they take away a huge asset from their family.. some teams where you should know what it's about when theyre coming in.. and then you have the guys who want to be liked when they go in public

Should have never bought the club
As a dodger fan I was pumped when he bought the team since he’s a Hispanic dude buying a so cal team but he just counties to show he’s a terrible owner with the stupid name change to just making terrible deals and now this smh.

Added another huge autograph

AD6ACE62-BE10-48D5-9CEB-B499A2601F12.jpeg
40B00640-1219-44EF-A136-66AC824CFABD.jpeg

I heard Reggie Jackson is a major league ******* when it comes to autographs.

Reggie was cool.

I handed him a ball. And for some reason the pen wouldn’t write the first couple tries. He eventually go it to work. But you can see that it’s messed up a bit.

So he said to the promoter, hey give him another ball, I’ll sign it.

I was going to give the messed up one back and let the promoter sell it discounted, and I’ll get the good one. Before I even handed it back. Reggie said. Keep it.

So I got 2 signed Reggie balls, one for free.

Never knew this tbh

But yeah I'm indifferent to those changes. I'm good with keeping or changing them

I'm so used to shot and playclocks in hoops and football but it'll be weird to see the pitch clock on the screen for the first time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom