2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Their ratings aren't really all that far off from what the NBA is getting for the Finals.

NBA and MLB are just widely regional sports.

Who's got time to sit down and watch other games/engage with other content when MY TEAM is also playing every night at the same time?

I'm not sitting down for 3 hours several nights in a row every single fall (or summer for NBA) to watch two teams I'm not emotionally invested in, and I love baseball and basketball.

I was trying to find a bar that had nba and the WS on last night. Every bar i went to only had bball on. I can’t inagine this happening to the Finals or Superbowl.

Thankfully i was able to get one bar to put the game on but i missed most of it :lol:

DFW is the 5th largest media market in the country (slightly behind Philadelphia at #4), but it’s a football city. Phoenix is the 11th largest market and it’s definitely not a baseball city. Baseball is so regional. :lol:

Dope moment

That’s at Texas Live!, which is a giant bar (with like 10+ different bars and restaurants under one roof) right between Globe Life, Choctaw (old baseball stadium), and AT&T (Cowboys). Those Live! concepts make for amazing watch parties. Xfinity Live! in Philly was my first exposure to it, right in the middle of the parking lot between the 3 stadiums where their 4 teams play. One of the coolest bars I’ve been to.

That’s at Texas Live!, which is a giant bar (with like 10+ different bars and restaurants under one roof) right between Globe Life, Choctaw (old baseball stadium), and AT&T (Cowboys). Those Live! concepts make for amazing watch parties. Xfinity Live! in Philly was my first exposure to it, right in the middle of the parking lot between the 3 stadiums where their 4 teams play. One of the coolest bars I’ve been to.

Thats fire bro.

I’ve been seeing a bunch of people posting about low ratings on some baseball groups I’m on. Mainly from fans of teams who were eliminated by the teams playing in the World Series like it’s supposed to be some talking point.

Kinda funny to me though. Like unless you work for MLB or you’re a network executive for fox, tbs or whoever else broadcasts these playoff games to where ratings directly impact your bottom line. I don’t get why the average fan would care about low ratings either way.

Like if you won’t watch unless the Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs or Red Sox are in the World Series, well that’s your loss, plenty of Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce stuff you can watch instead lol.

thats a bar ? :wow:

everything really is bigger in TX ...

Thats fire bro.

that bar is crazy...would like to check it out someday
Philly was my first exposure to this place (even had a cowboy bar with a mechanical bull in there), but they have locations in Arlington, Kansas City, Atlanta, Baltimore, St. Louis, and I think a couple other cities. Place was an absolute madhouse after a Flyers game, can’t imagine what it looks like on a night multiple teams are playing in the same parking lot. My pops called me from the Baltimore spot and said his mind was blown about how ridiculous the place was.

Trying to tag Pizzo for his perspective on Xfinity, but it’s not pulling up on my phone.

delivery sucked 6/10
C45270A9-F0E3-4FA0-A003-C62640D9A6FB.gif

Look! New ho3s are mad!!!

Texas Live :pimp:
Anyways, today was the WEAKEST parade I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe I took off work to go.
I’m dead serious when I say I’ve seen better high school parades. Extremely disappointed!
It’s… a parade. :lol:

They’re all ****ing lame :lol:

Texas Live :pimp:
Anyways, today was the WEAKEST parade I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe I took off work to go.
I’m dead serious when I say I’ve seen better high school parades. Extremely disappointed!

what was weak about it? just curious

best one ive been to was the bruins winning the cup in 2011...that parade was an all day party in downtown boston :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom