2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Hopefully Cal does us all a favor and brings the fences back in. So ****in dumb what they did.

Didn’t expect Vlad on the cover, they use everyone else already?

IMG_0133.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg

Please NO

Disgusting

There are actual Red Sox fans who think their ****ty stadium is some 9 wonder of the world or something.

When in all actuality the ownership is just deceiving fans so they don’t have to build a new stadium.

You sure it's Red Sox fans? 🤔

2024-01-31_14-56-57.jpg

They’ve allowed this myth to become popular with some great PR. I’ll hand it to them.

And now the general baseball population actually believe there some sanctity with going to Fenway…

Trust me there isn’t.

They’ve allowed this myth to become popular with some great PR. I’ll hand it to them.

And now the general baseball population actually believe there some sanctity with going to Fenway…

Trust me there isn’t.

At least you acknowledge it's the general baseball population

Want to know how to get FSG to sell? I have the blueprint right here.

Threaten them to build a billion dollar ballpark. :lol:

There you guys go.

They're already bulldozing around Fenway to put up condos/commercial/retail. They're milking it best they can. I don't think there's a plan to build a new park any time soon.

fsg-will-not-be-spending-any-significant-money-on-the-red-v0-o7u5n8mrjg7c1.jpg

4-fenway-fsg-ws-danelo-loi-january-2021-arthurs-way-future-view*660xx1808-1017-0-431.png

2-fenway-fsg-ws-danelo-loi-january-2021-jersey-street-future-view-from-van-ness.png

they'll be selling the team soon enough. i haven't seen fans be this upset with them and i think attendance is going to show that this year. i hope they do sell it

They're already bulldozing around Fenway to put up condos/commercial/retail. They're milking it best they can. I don't think there's a plan to build a new park any time soon.

fsg-will-not-be-spending-any-significant-money-on-the-red-v0-o7u5n8mrjg7c1.jpg

4-fenway-fsg-ws-danelo-loi-january-2021-arthurs-way-future-view*660xx1808-1017-0-431.png

2-fenway-fsg-ws-danelo-loi-january-2021-jersey-street-future-view-from-van-ness.png

I’m just saying FSG would probably be like “uh oh, the fans want a new stadium? time to cash out. Let get out of here.”

Then you guys could find some new owners.

I’m just saying FSG would probably be like “uh oh, the fans want a new stadium? time to cash out. Let get out of here.”

Then you guys could find some new owners.

I'd love that. But I think those dudes are too rich they'd just see it as another investment opportunity and build a "Gillette" for the Red Sox.

Their ultimate goal is to get Lebron his own NBA team in Vegas so until that happens I think they'll be sticking around.

download.jpg

Mike Scioscia is 65, and was crying when he was dismissed by the Angels in 2018, 5.5 years ago

My question is how did he not end up somewhere in the MLB afterward? This man was emotional getting let go.

And he's a dude, just read this on Wikipedia:

In addition to his more orthodox work in baseball, Scioscia is also notable for a guest appearance as himself on The Simpsons episode "Homer at the Bat" in 1992, while he was still a player. In the storyline, Scioscia is one of several Major League players recruited by Smithers to work a token job at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant so that he could play on the plant's softball team against a rival power plant. Scioscia tells Smithers, who found him while deer hunting, that while he enjoyed playing baseball, he always wanted to be a blue collar power plant employee, and consequently is the only player who takes the power plant job seriously. His character is ultimately hospitalized with a life-threatening case of radiation poisoning that leaves him unable to play.

They called and asked if I'd be interested in doing it, and it so happened that it was my favorite show. I was excited . . . Every year I get a (residual) check for like $4 . . . I cash 'em. I don't want to mess up their accounting department.
— Mike Scioscia, about his appearance on The Simpsons
Scioscia made a second appearance on The Simpsons with the episode "MoneyBart", which premiered on October 10, 2010. Having survived the radiation poisoning, he tells Marge and Bart that it gave him superhuman managing powers and that the best players listen to their managers.

Trust me there isn’t.

Baseball culture loves the past. That’s why fans love Fenway, Wrigley, and Dodger Stadium. It’s why many Yankees fans are still pissed off that they tore down the original Yankee Stadium.

Baseball culture loves the past. That’s why fans love Fenway, Wrigley, and Dodger Stadium. It’s why many Yankees fans are still pissed off that they tore down the original Yankee Stadium.

There some people like that feel like that but by in large the new stadium > old.

The old stadium was ugly too since the 70’s renovations. They tore down the facades that made Yankee Stadium so memorable.

Then brought back the facades for the new stadium. The new Stadium is basically a state of the art copy of the original Yankee stadium.

All jokes aside tho..

If Red Sox fans actually do refuse to buy tickets and stop going to the games that’s a good thing.

You can’t just let these owners dog you.

Back
Top Bottom