2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I think I heard on SC that the White Sox and A’s are the only two organizations now that haven’t given out a $100M+ contract in their history.

White Sox signed Benintendi to $75M, and all the way back in 2004, the Athletics gave Eric Chavez a whopping $66M contract. It’s gross negligence that they’ve never paid more than that :lol: I mean I knew they were cheap but ‘04 was your last biggest contract?

Bobby Witt, Corbin Carroll, Julio, and Tatis signing extensions early with their teams is good for the game, especially since baseball is so regional.

While I personally wish players could achieve free agency quicker to get that bag, this alleviates it a little if teams show willingness/intent to pay their stars accordingly, instead of the service manipulation that was prevalent in the past.

Her comments are interesting. She's basically saying that the A's are just using Vegas as leverage to get what they want in Oakland. Maybe relocation isn't a sure thing?
some of the beat writers for the A’s have been calling BS for months now because they dont have a site or renderings or anything official.

John Fisher had some BS excuse to it too. No one is taking him serious at this point.

Just get rid of the team altogether and give Portland an expansion team.

Back
Top Bottom